Author Topic: Picture of Spark Plug Wire Holder For 66 289 2V with thermactor  (Read 2057 times)

Offline drglass1

First time poster. I have found a lot of great info here. Looking for a pict of the pass side plug wire holder for a thermactor smog equipped 289 2v motor w/o air.  It is used to keep the wires away from the injection log. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for a cap/ plug for the unused port on the pump. Anybody know of a replacement? Mine didn't survive the small fire under the hood.

Thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:05:12 AM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Picture of Spark Plug Wire Holder For 66 289 2V with thermactor
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 02:20:30 AM »
Welcome to the site - hope you find it useful in your concours related endeavours

First time poster. I have found a lot of great info here. Looking for a pict of the pass side plug wire holder for a thermactor smog equipped 289 2v motor w/o air.  It is used to keep the wires away from the injection log. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a San Jose built car?

If so there are two on the passenger side in some cases (have seen plenty without the second smaller one but they are expected at this point)

There was an earlier discussion that showed the style used at the regular (non-Thermactor spark plug holder)

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=15it24acabfk1uhaef8bk6oer5&topic=9060.msg52981#msg52981

Also looking for a cap/ plug for the unused port on the pump. Anybody know of a replacement? Mine didn't survive the small fire under the hood.

Other than a donor car or finding one NOS believe they are very similar/same piece as the ones used to plug off the fittings in a heater delete application.Part number if it might help appears to be C6AZ-9486-A
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline drglass1

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »
Thanks for the info. Mine was built in San Jose. I have the holder on the driver side pictured on the left, I need the two pictured on the right. Am I correct in thinking that the right one bolts to the lower front valve cover bolt?
Any known source for it?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:48:28 PM »
Thanks for the info. Mine was built in San Jose. I have the holder on the driver side pictured on the left, I need the two pictured on the right. Am I correct in thinking that the right one bolts to the lower front valve cover bolt?
Any known source for it?

The smaller triangle shaped one is retained by the lower front valve cover bolt

Source - another car/donor car.  Have never seen a NOS one and doubt many would have saved one if they found one (limited ability to sell the piece in the past)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:47:33 PM »
If so there are two on the passenger side in some cases (have seen plenty without the second smaller one but they are expected at this point)
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=15it24acabfk1uhaef8bk6oer5&topic=9060.msg52981#msg52981

Other than a donor car or finding one NOS believe they are very similar/same piece as the ones used to plug off the fittings in a heater delete application.Part number if it might help appears to be C6AZ-9486-A
I believe the bracket in the center was an early attempt to keep the plug wires away from the driver's side (LH) air injection tube. It was replaced by the one on the left (C6AF-12111-B). Both used 2 each 42358-S8 screws (7-19X3/8Hex) and were painted Ford blue with the bracket. The bracket on the right (C6AF-12111-A) in the picture was used on the passenger's side (RH) with a valve cover bolt. All three were not used together. Both used one each B8Q-12297-A plastic separator.
Jim

I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 06:49:44 PM »
PM sent to OP.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs