Author Topic: Vacuum Canister Question  (Read 11731 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 05:29:49 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Vacuum Canister Question
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »
Sorry to go off thread for a moment (for give me) but that VIN is REALLY scary
+1 .big red flag
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2014, 07:01:47 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-GTA-Power-Convertible-GTA-390-Cubic-Inch-V8-Automatic-Deluxe-Interior-Chrome-wheels-/231366297235  .
...Please do not take this in a confrontational way because it is not meant to be but this car has been completely restored showing many signs of non original details mostly under the hood .

...It is hardly any kind of original yardstick to use as a basis for a correctly restored 67 engine compartment let alone a obscure detail as is being discussed and only should be used to illustrate a original detail along with a restore car caveat in the most general terms IMO.

No way I could have read anything you wrote as "confrontational"
I sure wasn't under the impression this was any kind of yardstick of original condition anything...just looking for more examples that might have details we are looking for about these canisters. Maybe I could have abstained from comment, true.

It also is true that my "yardstick" might be more of a "ruler" in regards to knowledge about these cars when compared to your knowledge, but I also caught many, many things wrong with this example and was even talking about those things with my wife prior to your first comment today in this thread. I saw the dash things, I saw the seat upholstery, I saw the convenience lights were in the wrong order and quite possibly, not even correct for this date of production, I saw the seat belt reminder light under the dash (not supposed to be there) and on and on on the interior (seat backs repainted...) I know very little about under hood things on an S code Mustang, so those I might miss, but that VIN number, I don't think that would pass any vehicle inspection without further proof of authenticity. I have to wonder if the title being offered with this car even is truly the title for the car!

Anyways, were good Bob, thanks again for you valuable input.

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »
Two years ago I stripped a rust hulk - 7F01C1291xx - 289, AC, tilt, convenience control, and more.  This thing was parked in 1979 and super original.  Original FoMoCo belts, striped vacuum lines, etc.  Only the oblong can. No evidence of two in terms of hoses, tees, clamps.  There was the unique plastic tee under the dash for shared vacuum between AC and tilt.  I did pull what was the remains of the rusted battery tray - pictures included here.  No holes to support a vacuum canister in terms of the pictures.  I did save the tray and can pull it out to make sure.

This could simply be the way Dearborn was doing it this week...
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 08:14:55 PM »
- but that VIN is REALLY scary
Those look like the remnants of the rivets the California Highway Patrol uses to assign a new Cal VIN plate, usually when the original owners certificate (aka pink slip) is lost or on a recovered stolen vehicle, or in my case, an assigned VIN for my special construction VW powered sand rail. The car is in Virginia so who knows what their procedure is or what the car's ownership has been.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.