Author Topic: Original Ford Logo -  (Read 1611 times)

Offline jwc66k

Original Ford Logo -
« on: October 25, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »
I was looking for something else and this popped up, an original accurate Ford logo. This is not the artwork, but the film generated from the artwork. How do I know it's accurate? The front portion says Philco as in Philco-Ford and I worked there for 18 years. Philco became Philco-Ford in 1961 and that name was changed to Aeronutronic Ford in 1975. All the existing Philco-Ford artworks and films were to be destroyed, or at least that was the intent. Many of us saved anything with a Philco on it. I salvaged this film, put in a safe place and promptly forgot I had it. I even went as far as to ask Jeff if he had something that had a good Ford logo that I could use for my coil stamp project. The film had some flaws, fold lines and specks, that I corrected in Photoshop. Feel free to use it, at least from my standpoint, in any restoration. 
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Original Ford Logo -
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 04:03:33 PM »
I was looking for something else and this popped up, an original accurate Ford logo. This is not the artwork, but the film generated from the artwork. How do I know it's accurate? The front portion says Philco as in Philco-Ford and I worked there for 18 years. Philco became Philco-Ford in 1961 and that name was changed to Aeronutronic Ford in 1975. All the existing Philco-Ford artworks and films were to be destroyed, or at least that was the intent. Many of us saved anything with a Philco on it. I salvaged this film, put in a safe place and promptly forgot I had it. I even went as far as to ask Jeff if he had something that had a good Ford logo that I could use for my coil stamp project. The film had some flaws, fold lines and specks, that I corrected in Photoshop. Feel free to use it, at least from my standpoint, in any restoration. 
Jim
Jim ,you probably already know this but for those reading another authentic aspect is in the script letter "F" there is a small almost imperceptive little curly que . That little curly que is a stylized "E" for Edsel as in Edsel Ford. It is typically seen in Ford script that is large enough to be seen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

Re: Original Ford Logo -
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »
Never heard of that one. I was told that was the way Henry signed his name all the time, with a "flair" that was in style back then.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.