Author Topic: '70 Boss Louvers - Sanity Check Please  (Read 1492 times)

Offline rockhouse66

'70 Boss Louvers - Sanity Check Please
« on: April 27, 2015, 07:38:23 PM »
I am installing the louvers on the B2 I am working on.  The car was painted when I got it, and there are small holes above and below the window for the louvers.  The AMK kit includes two larger diameter riv nuts and two smaller diameter ones.  I ASSUME (?) that the larger nuts are used above the window for the hinges and the smaller nuts are for the latches below the window.  Can someone please confirm?

Since these louvers were added to the car at some point, I wonder if they just used sheet metal screws rather than the riv nuts? (explaining the small holes)  Anyway, I want to do it right this time around.

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline Aussie

Re: '70 Boss Louvers - Sanity Check Please
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »
Pretty sure the larger is top and small at the bottom for the latch. Your fasteners should dictate this.
I will look tomorrow for my old instructions and post a pic.
Cheers Gavin

Offline rockhouse66

Re: '70 Boss Louvers - Sanity Check Please
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 11:21:16 PM »
Yes, I didn't word my question quite right.  You are correct - fasteners dictate location.  What I really wanted was some confirmation that these are the type used on original cars and they all did, indeed, use a riv nut and not just a sheet metal screw.  I didn't want to drill out holes for a riv nut and learn otherwise.

The AMK kit has all threaded fasteners, so I guess that answers my question too - riv nuts used top and bottom.  I got some additional confirmation on all this on the Boss Forum so I am good now and I can figure it out from here.  Thanks for your response and the offer of the instructions.
Jim
'66 GT FB