Author Topic: 1967 Shelby headlamp bucket adjusters  (Read 1779 times)

1967 eight barrel

1967 Shelby headlamp bucket adjusters
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had a source on the nylon/metal headlamp adjustter nuts for the '67 shelby.
I saw what Branda has, but it isn't what came in the '60 buckets they use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 Shelby headlamp bucket adjusters
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had a source on the nylon/metal headlamp adjustter nuts for the '67 shelby.
I saw what Branda has, but it isn't what came in the '60 buckets they use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have always had to rob them from similar buckets I get in junk yards or swap meets for original looking ones. I have not had any luck finding other alternatives that did not look different.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:32:38 AM »
Thank you for replying, Bob.
Can you tell me what vehicle they were from originally?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
Thank you for replying, Bob.
Can you tell me what vehicle they were from originally?
Source from a variety of Ford full size car applications from the early to mid 60's.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »
Hello, Bob.. Shelby nuts...

I found NEW replacement adjusters for 1967 Shelbys and any other Ford that uses the same style nylon adjuster nut.
I will explain the procedure on how to use them.
If you're doing all four buckets, you'll need these items from AMK Products.
1. Four of the AMK B-10068 adjuster nuts (2 per package for a total of eight pieces)
2. Two of the AMK B-12495 adjuster screws. ( 4 per package for a total of eight pieces)
3. Two of the AMK B-10965 adjuster springs. ( 2 per package)
4. Two of the F-599 headlamp ring retainer screws. ( 6 per package for a total of 12 pieces)

To utilize the adjuster nuts you will have to disassemble them from the brackets they come with.
To do this you turn them face down on a flat surface, ( square nylon facing down)
You take a plastic mallet, ( I used a hobby hammer with the nylon head attached, as it doesn't take but a couple light raps to pop them out of the retainer. Throw the larger metal bracket in the trash. Keep the nylon nut and the retainer that the nut is pressed through.
After you have painted your buckets, you can reinstall the adjusters.
You'll need a block of wood, a socket smaller than the retainer that goes on the back and a light mallet.
Lay the nylon nut, flat side down on the block. Take the headlamp bucket, face down and align the adjuster ear over the nylon nut. Set the metal retainer on the bracket and align the hole over the nylon nut. Put the socket over the retained and gently rap it with the mallet until the retainer is seated like it was when you removed it from the bucket. You'll do this eight times. It is EXACT for what the buckets were supplied from Ford with.

-Keith