Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Unrestored - 1966 Dearborn 6 Cylinder - Picture Thread
« Last post by rodster on December 16, 2017, 11:30:23 PM »
Maybe a different supplier or they changed things from one year to another for some reason. The black on both sides would be easier so that the worker couldn't put it in backwards.  Another things to be on the look out for as to when the change was made.

For others that want to chase or at least keep record when was your 65 built (projected is as good as its likely going to get) at Dearborn?

Ooops, was looking at the divider from the inside, it is black on the back too.   My bad.....  sorry.
1967 - 1968 / Re: Medium Saddle..Dark Saddle...Saddle Saddle.... Help!
« Last post by rodster on December 16, 2017, 11:23:33 PM »
I do not have any pictures of 68 fastback interiors. Here is one of our 67 GTA deluxe saddle interior. It may give you some help.
The deluxe saddle door panels were impossible because the originals had a leather grain and the reproduction saddle color was not available so parchment had to be dyed. The correct carpet was tough to get too.
Good Luck
Marty

Beautiful! 
1967 - 1968 / Re: Medium Saddle..Dark Saddle...Saddle Saddle.... Help!
« Last post by ruppstang on December 16, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »
I do not have any pictures of 68 fastback interiors. Here is one of our 67 GTA deluxe saddle interior. It may give you some help.
The deluxe saddle door panels were impossible because the originals had a leather grain and the reproduction saddle color was not available so parchment had to be dyed. The correct carpet was tough to get too.
Good Luck
Marty
1967 - 1968 / Re: 67 SJ undercoating and paint process
« Last post by J_Speegle on December 16, 2017, 10:12:02 PM »
As always, thanks for the specific time line shots, Jeff. The right panel is really interesting. I'll use that!

Yes, I did mean the 'hard red line' to the right.

On that note-
The hard red line on the right is where the spray material ends (softly).

Yes on that example that is the forward or outer edge of where the worker stopped applying

The soft yellow line is where the outer wheelhouse appears to have been covered. No overspray here. If any is present it would be very light.

They didn't have time to cover just controlled the application, had plenty of practice and kept away from the area of the outer wheel well and tried to stay away from where they meet
1967 - 1968 / Re: 67 SJ undercoating and paint process
« Last post by Bossbill on December 16, 2017, 08:48:02 PM »
As always, thanks for the specific time line shots, Jeff. The right panel is really interesting. I'll use that!

Yes, I did mean the 'hard red line' to the right.

I received my Fusor application gun and was aching to try it. But, the gods of sound deadening (watching too many Vikings episodes) are frowning on me and the gun was missing a few pieces. There are still lots of other parts of the car to clean and prep, but this whole application gun fiasco is wearing thin.
« Last post by J_Speegle on December 16, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »
Not surprising, very similar to my 65 Dearborn coupe.  My trunk divider is not black on the back, natural on both sides.

Maybe a different supplier or they changed things from one year to another for some reason. The black on both sides would be easier so that the worker couldn't put it in backwards.  Another things to be on the look out for as to when the change was made.

For others that want to chase or at least keep record when was your 65 built (projected is as good as its likely going to get) at Dearborn?
1967 - 1968 / Medium Saddle..Dark Saddle...Saddle Saddle.... Help!
« Last post by A12pilot on December 16, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »
 So I'm starting to collect the interior parts for my car and I've run into a color selection problem.   I see Light Saddle, Medium Saddle, and Dark Saddle as options on several parts of the interior, but other parts only list maybe one tone option of Saddle.  So..... is a Saddle interior made up of various shades of the color?   Are the carpets generally darker Saddle? Any help would be appreciated.   

Cheers
Dave
Pictures are worth a thousand words... I got these from VCM's website long ago... I don't think Jeremy@Maple Hill or Brant@VCM would mind them being used here... Just remove them if they ever become an issue.....

Will ask for you since you didn't  :(

Did you use this on your car??
« Last post by rodster on December 16, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
Great pictures.

Not surprising, very similar to my 65 Dearborn coupe.  My trunk divider is not black on the back, natural on both sides.

Thanks for sharing!  :)

Ooops, was looking at the divider from the inside, it is black on the back too.   My bad.....
Pictures are worth a thousand words... I got these from VCM's website long ago... I don't think Jeremy@Maple Hill or Brant@VCM would mind them being used here... Just remove them if they ever become an issue..  Transtar sealers are great stuff...Someone from CA turned me onto them in the past....

:o)

Tony K.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10