Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 260 Generator Adjusting arm
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 02:55:59 PM »
Touche' Jeff. That pic was from 2012 and I have learned a lot / fixed a lot since then. It was just one of the better pics I had to help show the Gen bracket.  ;)

The comments  were more for others since posting here some might assume that things are 100% or close to if left unmentioned.  I often crop pictures I post so that it minimizes the thread going a different direction or having to add captions of "this or that" in the picture aren't correct ;) 

Its about unintended consequences loke many things in life .
« Last post by krelboyne on Today at 12:28:30 PM »
That looks correct, based on page 4-50 of Bob Mannel's book.
« Last post by caspian65 on Today at 10:48:42 AM »
Cropped to help focus on the item in question.  ;D :)
1969 - 1970 / Re: Tach VS non-Tach dash harness
« Last post by Coralsnake on Today at 10:38:38 AM »
I shall give you another viewpoint...

How much is is your car worth? Do you think that this an area you want to use a less expensive part?

Based on the time it takes to replace a harness and its importance, I would argue you want the best possible part. The two harnesses (tach vs nontach) are fundamentally different. If you change the underdash, the headlight, the engine gauge feed and the alternator harnesses also need to be changed.

I would also disagree with the characterization that Alloy harness wont stand up to the original in appearance and function. The harnesses have been used by many Shelby show cars for decades. Ford literally made hundreds of thousands of Mustangs in 1970, not every harness was the same. Alloy harnesses are new, not brittle, same connectors, same gauge wires and almost always the same colors as OEM wires.

If you need more help, I can probably do better on the price than $800, but you still need to take the others into consideration. Just something to consider. In summary, dont try to do this on the cheap.

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com

« Last post by Hipo giddyup on Today at 09:20:26 AM »
Touche' Jeff. That pic was from 2012 and I have learned a lot / fixed a lot since then. It was just one of the better pics I had to help show the Gen bracket.  ;)
« Last post by midlife on Today at 07:37:16 AM »
I sell refurbished harnesses for $225 (standard) and $275 (tach), including a $50 core charge.  I only use original components.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 289 engine / bracket assembly process
« Last post by 67gtasanjose on Today at 05:22:10 AM »
Only reference to year I see is 66 in the first post. 289  - 1966

Did I miss other years in other postings?

I believe it was Jim's documents (images in Reply #6) that prompted me to comment the thread covers multiple years. I would say those two documents cover multiple years (I know they help a lot for 67's anyways).
« Last post by jamesroney on Today at 02:12:17 AM »

Thank you for the awesome picture, and the fast replies.  That generator bracket is definitely different than the one i have.  That explains a lot!

« Last post by 7Lscjracer on July 19, 2017, 10:27:51 PM »
They're about $800 on eBay for a 70 with tach harness by Alloy Metal.
A nice harness that will get the job done, but I doubt it would stand up to side by side comparison with an original.
I bought Alloy Metal courtesy lamp and door speaker harnesses for a 66, and LH and RH both had the same color speaker wires as a cost cutting measure I would say.
That's why original is still big $.
Hopefully your printed circuit is good because that's another expense you don't need.
You could get the cheaper Mr Mustang brand, but I wouldn't for a car you want to keep.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Correct 65 San Jose fuel filler hose?
« Last post by J_Speegle on July 19, 2017, 06:46:51 PM »
Sorry to revive an old topic but two questions, would the white stripe be on an Oct 64 SJ car and two, what is the correct length of the hose?  The one from NPD is 4 inches but the current cloth one on the car is 3 inches.  Does it need to be trimmed down?

Yes I would still look for one that had the alligator texture with the stripes.

Don't have a 65 around at the moment to measure
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10