Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Events / Re: 8th Annual Shelby Car Show
« Last post by CW4macret on Today at 07:55:18 PM »
online registration is available for the Annual Shelby Car Show on Saturday June 10.
Use the following link to register:     https://legacytexas.wufoo.com/forms/8th-annual-shelby-car-show-registration/
Wanted Ads / 67 CV A Pillar pads
« Last post by HomerJay on Today at 07:42:14 PM »
Hi Folks,
looking for a pair of a pillar pads for my 67 Convertible. Red ones would be perfect, but any other colours would be also fine.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Vent window glass orientation?
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 07:41:13 PM »
CAREFULLY lay the vent glass by itself on a flat surface. It should be curved, and the curve will be orientated outward.
Jim
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Transverse Dual Exhaust System HIPO Question
« Last post by caspian65 on Today at 07:19:41 PM »
The hanger is kind of a generic application.  Most practical use would possibly be for replacing the rubber insulator on an original bracket.

If you have a 64.5, not sure if you noticed the muffler has a 10-64 (October '64) date.  The date may not matter, but thought it should be pointed out.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 64 1/2 K code Leaf Spring Markings
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 06:56:23 PM »
No haven't found markings there before. Of course they would not be visible on an assembled spring but when disassembling them haven't found markings of individual leaves.

Thanks for sharing
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 65 Fastback rear vent louver finish
« Last post by stangerdude on Today at 06:54:17 PM »
Hi All! My experience form the last 30+ years of restoring these cars is that the screens are a anodized aluminum. The anodizing (over the years exposed to the sun) turns a whitish color resembling a painted look. I clean them up carefully with a soft to medium brass bristle brush to get the shine back in them which has worked quite well. With that being said... almost all cars I have done this to have been San Jose cars so other factories may have done them different. Also the recesses in the unibody that the louver assemblies fit into have varied in the blackout treatment from just sloppily brush painted black areas to the whole recess being painted black.  Just my experience! Your screens and opinions may vary. And yes....painting the black back into the chrome frame inserts is VERY time consuming but oh so worth it!! 
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Radiator fan blade - 66 A code with AC
« Last post by lancelot66 on Today at 06:44:14 PM »
I dug up an old thread in this forum on this with some good info:

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=4203.0

When I had to figure this out for our car to get it correct, I found the MustangTek site and Bob Manell's book as sources. What I found was that for '65 and '66 cars, there were two critical factors determining which 7-blade fan your car had:

Before 1/5/66, w/factory air:  C6OE-C
Before 1/5/66, w/factory air & thermactor emissions: C6OE-A
After 1/5/66, w/factory air, w or w/o thermactor, C6OE-G

All of these 7-blade config's got fan clutches because of the A/C extra load on the engine. Thermactor a bit more (but negligible in some reading that I've done on this).
All should have also had a fan shroud and I believe a hot idle compensator spliced into the pcv hose to the carb spacer.

Hope this helps out somewhat.
1967 - 1968 / 67 Tilt Away Column Discussion
« Last post by 67gtasanjose on Today at 06:37:08 PM »
Inside this 67 Tilt-Away is the remains of a white bushing that the column stops against when Tilted AWAY (see pic below)

Where can I get one of these, I assume it is nylon because of the color. (the remains are the round white spot just above center of the picture)
1979 - 1993 / Re: BX63 White Case Battery Date Code Question
« Last post by 79mustangcobra on Today at 06:17:07 PM »
Very nice!
1979 - 1993 / Re: Fuel Sending Unit for Mustang V-8 1979
« Last post by 79mustangcobra on Today at 06:14:08 PM »
It took me a long time to find an NOS one.  I had to pay $230.00 for it!   Here it is.  It does not look like there is much to it, so they probably can be rebuilt.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10