Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
1964 1/2 - 1966 / '65 six-cylinder axle
« Last post by lathamjr on January 23, 2018, 11:56:43 PM »
I posted a question on the MCA website in the Judges' Tent section and I guess nobody wants to answer it.
The 2018 Judging Rules completely omitted the '65 six cylinder rear axle (7-3/4 w/8-bolt cover) and third member. I just want to know if there are any changes before I paint and assemble mine. I'm "assuming" the cover and axle tubes are black, the third member is red oxide, and the cover bolts and flange are natural. I'm not sure about the washers. There is some mention of copper in the past.
Anybody here have the answer?
1968 Shelby / Re: 1968 Shelby AO Smith worker initials - Charles Hyland
« Last post by rodster on January 23, 2018, 11:30:16 PM »
 ;D   LOL

Yep, they are my pictures and the blue trunk lid is mine.

You are amazing Jeff!   ;)

Scott has the same initials under the hood of his car.
1968 Shelby / Re: 1968 Shelby AO Smith worker initials - Charles Hyland
« Last post by J_Speegle on January 23, 2018, 10:38:06 PM »
Something like these fastback examples?

Have others from under hoods - but different names and markings

1966 Shelby / Re: 1965 1966 Traction master under-axle traction bars
« Last post by J_Speegle on January 23, 2018, 10:32:37 PM »
They also are constructed of thicker wall tubing than the originals, which is a huge plus.

So you can jack the car up using them if you have the reproductions??

Sorry - bad joke since there are a fair number of original cars where the owners bent theirs trying  ::)

Thanks Brant for sharing the details
1967 - 1968 / Re: 67 GTA 289 Coupe, Spring Codes and Markings, San Jose
« Last post by J_Speegle on January 23, 2018, 10:30:17 PM »
All I can offer is this, acknowledging up front that San Jose data is the most elusive, and the other assembly plant colors may not cross over.  But since there is a lack of data...

Have a handful of GT's also - just no GTAs. Richards car also is a thermactor car with make it different from the NJ examples you and I have also :( 

Thought we might get lucky  but appears timing is off this time
General Discussion / Re: SAAC Forum down
« Last post by rodster on January 23, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »
Thank you for the kind comments and yes back up is very important to us. Charles does a great job on that side of the house.  The concern is one of the reasons you will often see me post duplicate threads here and elsewhere where I will post pictures and text from something I posted on another board so that members here get the benefit from the post also

Not sure how others would feel about that.  Might create ownership questions and hard feelings. Not something we boldly want to charge into ::)

I know Charles is very sharp when it comes to IT stuff, and concours too.  I'd like to be sharp at just one thing!  ;)

The comment about porting over the lost data was not serious as I'm sure it's lost forever and was only a miracle wish.   The SAAC forum is now a lost treasure.

Should anyone be able to recover all the lost data, they would no doubt be considered a hero regardless of ownership.   
1966 Shelby / Re: 1965 1966 Traction master under-axle traction bars
« Last post by Brant on January 23, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »
Brant help me with a question on the Drake reproduction TM bars. Do they have the M1 cast into the end of the arms like the TM parts or not?

Bob,

Yes, they do have the correct markings. They are really nice.

They also are constructed of thicker wall tubing than the originals, which is a huge plus.
1968 Shelby / Re: '68 Shelby - rear quarter marker bezel
« Last post by rodster on January 23, 2018, 09:21:59 PM »
I know it's an old topic but trying to add some reference material to the subject that I gathered from Shelby experts over the years.

Regarding the switch over date:

Ford parts book shows 2/15  is the cutoff date.

Convertibles tend to be about five or six days later, around the 20-21st.
1968 Shelby / 1968 Shelby AO Smith worker initials - Charles Hyland
« Last post by rodster on January 23, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
If anyone ever gets the chance to examine an unrestored 68 Shelby, be on the look out for handwritten initials somewhere on the car.

Seems AO Smith employee Charles Hyland would initial some cars for some reason.  I've seen the initials on the inside of the trunk lid of a few cars and I think Scott Fuller found them under the hood of one of his cars.

While not necessarily an item that makes a car 'correct' just an interesting tidbit of history that may show up on some cars.

If you are going to add the initials to your restored car best to have proof it was there originally.

There was a great discussion about this on the SAAC forum which was lost in the crash.  :(

General Discussion / Re: SAAC Forum down
« Last post by J_Speegle on January 23, 2018, 09:04:49 PM »
You guys do a great job here and certainly had the big picture in mind when you started this forum and I'm guessing a back up is a high priority. 

Thank you for the kind comments and yes back up is very important to us. Charles does a great job on that side of the house.  The concern is one of the reasons you will often see me post duplicate threads here and elsewhere where I will post pictures and text from something I posted on another board so that members here get the benefit from the post also

Now if you could go back and capture all the data that was lost and port it here that would be great!

Not sure how others would feel about that.  Might create ownership questions and hard feelings. Not something we boldly want to charge into ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10