Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Drivetrain / Ford 4 speed reverse
« Last post by deaconhp on Today at 06:25:11 PM »
This may be covered somewhere BUT

Have just installed a newly (correctly) rebuilt 1969 Ford shifter and getting the  blasted thing into reverse is like near impossible. The linkage is aligned so do not need to go there...

Anyone have useful ideas on how to "break" in the lockout spring??????

Other than buy a Hurst setup :)

Thanks all
1971 - 1973 / Re: '71 429cj Mustang Vert
« Last post by mac1971 on Today at 06:23:42 PM »
COOL. More pics please.

Thanks for sharing.

John

John, I like to keep my posts\pictures here to a minimum, some feel the car was not being restored to a specific minimum standard worthy of this board. However, I tried to follow factory applications and processes where possible and I am more than happy with the end results to date. I have little desire to do judged shows per se, my experience with judges comments in the past has been all over the board. I built this car as a testament to my love of the big block '71's and being a vert was just a bonus... As a very rare car, I still like to put it out there once in a while for those that are truly interested in something different. Thanks for your interest. Cheers.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 65 Taillight Wire Loom Label - Survey
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 06:12:15 PM »
Other things noted in the pictures:
5R07F10268x - Harness uses bullet connectors to a hardwired socket pigtail. I was under the impression that this type of harness was a later service replacement, and the hardwired socket was an aftermarket reproduction. The weld may indicate body damage.
5R07T14050x - The visible nut that retain the rear extension appears to be not painted, contrary to the "loose" attachment of the extension for painting.
5R09C15089x - The two visible nuts that retain the rear extension are not painted.
5R09C18005x - As above but with one visible nut not painted. Missing wedge spacer on outer stud.
5R08C18178x - Interesting nut in the upper left hand corner.
5R07T18740x - Also an unpainted extension nut.
Jim

Sort of off the subject  but common understanding is that not all of the nuts were installed so not all would have evidence or overspray of trunk color
1971 - 1973 / Re: '71 429cj Mustang Vert
« Last post by JohnRB on Today at 05:57:47 PM »
COOL. More pics please.

Thanks for sharing.

John
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Heat tube installation
« Last post by midlife on Today at 05:25:07 PM »
I ran into the same problem, and Charles Turner indicated to me that there are two styles: an early and a late style.  Once I obtained the proper (original) heat tube, it fit like a glove.  Hopefully, he'll chime in with better details.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Heat tube installation
« Last post by tvor on Today at 03:24:36 PM »
Hi guys,
I've been trying to get this darned heat tube installed and for the life of me, I can't get it to go on!  I'm thinking that the reproduction isn't quite right.  But before I go modifying it, I figured I'd check in with you all to see if there is some kind of trick or someone has figured out the proper modification.
Attached are some pics showing the heat tube and the problem with getting it on the exhaust manifold.  The last one has the shroud lined up with the stud, but doesn't clear the top of the manifold.

Thanks in advance for the help!
General Discussion / Re: Rsanter has a new toy
« Last post by mustang6er on Today at 02:47:37 PM »
Are you going to leave the outside with the original patina? I have a similar car with original paint, on the fence about what to do with it.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 65 Taillight Wire Loom Label - Survey
« Last post by Texas Swede on Today at 02:01:25 PM »
Here is a picture of the label on my 65 GT 350. Pat White III here in Dallas, TX restored my original harness 25+ years ago
and I don't know if he reused the original label or not. Car is an early May 65 San Jose car being a Shelby has no back up lights, 5R09K217XXX
Texas Swede
Interior & Trunk / 68 standard door panel restoration
« Last post by ruppstang on Today at 09:43:16 AM »
I have some 1968 standard red door panels that are in great condition except the chrome is pealing off the plastic trim strip.
Any ideas on how to replace or restore the chrome strip?
1971 - 1973 / '71 429cj Mustang Vert
« Last post by mac1971 on Today at 08:37:47 AM »
Update for any '71 follower's on this site. Front end has been completed. Next up, the new roof...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10