Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
1967 - 1968 / Re: Hood Letter 1967 + Alignment
« Last post by ruppstang on September 19, 2017, 08:47:35 AM »
IMHO the statement is wrong. Every SJ Mustang I have had and seen if original has the hood letters. They were often lost due to hood replacement. I would use the pin type and have used a original hood to make a template.
Marty
1967 - 1968 / Hood Letter 1967 + Alignment
« Last post by Ralf on September 19, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
Hi,
Did some search.....but...

My 67 SJ car has the TS Hood, but no FORD letters on. May be by purpose due to repro part (do not have the holes), or simply due to visual aspects (after re-painting).

Nevertheless, found this:

"Can anyone give a definitive on 67 SJ having the FORD letters on the hood I am thinking they were installed but I am following Motor books Workshop Mustang Restoration by Tom Corcoran and Earl Davies.
It states in the exterior section that Mustang was now a strong identity with Ford and hence the letters were not used as hood trim"

My questions:
- statement above true?

If not and all 67 had FORD lettering on the hood (as this was my search result) - what would be the best option to attach:
- stick on letters? What would be the best source/supplier? Even stick on NOS (service part) available?
- pin letters with nuts (here the holes have to be drilled, eventually rust later on). Not sure if this would work out perfectly (a template would be needed, source?) What would be the best source/supplier here as well? NOS (service part) available?

Is there a measurement (photos, scetches) available, that shows up the precise FORD letter positioning (measure letter to letter, measure hood leading edge to letter). Anything available? Saw some photos with tape measuring, but not precise enough. Expl: http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/paint-body/28798/photo-10.html
If pins, are these the correct barrel nuts ? https://www.amkproducts.com/bulk3.asp?part=B-12924

My personal solution would be to use stick on letters (not concours, but not visible at all and "easy assembling") to avoid drilling holes and at the end of the day, pins and letters will not fit (like children draw their first letters on a piece of paper)

However, to do the work I would need a quite good measurement. Someone to support?

EDIT:

Have seen many 67 cars in the internet with and without FORD letters (rate 50:50)

Thx
Ralf
1967 - 1968 / Re: Door interior color on underside at weatherstrip - 68 San Jose
« Last post by J_Speegle on September 19, 2017, 05:18:40 AM »
Hello,

Is it usefull that I add picture details of my 67 SJ car?
Before uploading them, please advice since you demand '68
Another possibility is that I make a new thread for 67 ?
Kind regards,
Jeroen

Likely better to move or start fresh ;)   Or add to an already established tread discussing the same detail, plant and year.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Huge flat spot on acceleration
« Last post by Dino1 on September 19, 2017, 05:11:30 AM »
Also make sure you have the correct screw is holding the primary booster in place. It is hollow to allow gas to flow through it, the secondary one is solid.
Their is also a check ball and weight on the primary side inside the hollow screw when it is assembled.
1967 - 1968 / Re: Door interior color on underside at weatherstrip - 68 San Jose
« Last post by Fastback2013 on September 19, 2017, 02:19:16 AM »
Hello,

Is it usefull that I add picture details of my 67 SJ car?
Before uploading them, please advice since you demand '68
Another possibility is that I make a new thread for 67 ?
Kind regards,
Jeroen
1967 - 1968 / Re: Retainer for trunk lock on California Special?
« Last post by Bob Gaines on September 19, 2017, 02:13:20 AM »
So the only difference is the little hole in the clip?  Probably the correct lock cylinder clip for the trunk will be found on one of the doors of our car.  They seem to have the same configuration - is that correct?
Yes .They are easy to confuse.
1967 - 1968 / Re: Retainer for trunk lock on California Special?
« Last post by Coralsnake on September 19, 2017, 12:31:49 AM »
What if the guy that installed it was left handed?
General Showing and Judging Discussions / Re: First show, what to expect?
« Last post by nham3407 on September 18, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
Like the others have commented glad you had a great time and met many folks and made some new mustang connections. In my opinion that's what these gatherings are for. I won't dismiss the time invested by all in preparing their cars and the endless hours of researching, planning ,and cleaning and the money spent.  These are major factors, but remember this please after we are gone the car will move on to its next owner, the friendships and information shared and built with others long outlast the material car. Prioritize what you can and tackle them when you can. Make plans for next show either local or MCA and enjoy the camaraderie made wth others.
General Showing and Judging Discussions / Re: First show, what to expect?
« Last post by sed6 on September 18, 2017, 10:40:05 PM »
Also glad to hear of your participation and your positive attitude.  Hope we can continue to help - lots of 65-66 experience and knowledge here on the site.  Time to take accounting of the issues, make a list and a plan that suits your needs and goal

I've made an accounting of everything and tried to break it down into a couple of simple categories...

Stuff to paint (self explanatory) -lost 20% of my points here
Stuff to refinish (polishing or plating, etc) -lost 20%
Stuff to repair (broken, crooked, loose, etc) -lost 20%
Stuff to replace (correctness counts) -lost 40% of my points here

I don't know if the above way is the "right" way to organize my to do list, but it makes sense to me. Within each category there are small, medium and large projects to be done (in both terms of labor and cost), and I can pick and choose my projects depending on my time, interest and budget.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Parts / Re: Need help ID'ing a clutch Z bar
« Last post by 5F08KGT on September 18, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »
I'll take a wild guess that IF its Ford that its a Truck or Van application.......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10