Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
1970 Mustang / Re: Question about Rear Stripe kits for Mach One
« Last post by DaveF on April 14, 2024, 08:43:10 PM »
Okay, where did you order the matte ones from?
1965 - 1970 Shelby General / Are 68-69 Shelby's actually Shelby's?
« Last post by 69GT350H on April 14, 2024, 07:35:27 PM »
The title may be a little confusing, but I'm having a discussion with a guy who claims that the 68/69 Shelby's are actually just Ford Mustangs. After showing him my title that has for the Make as "SHEB" He states:

"The state title says Shelby. It does not say it was manufactured by Shelby American. All Shelbys produced after 1967, when Carrol Shelby had a fallout with Ford Motor Company were produced by Ford. This is why I say the 68, 69 and 70's that carry the name Shelby are really just Ford Mustangs and not true Shelbys."

I know CS was not happy with the direction the Shelby Mustang was going for 1968, but Shelby American had a contract with Ford through the 1969 model year. Instead of the Mustang being converted at SA @ LAX, they were converted at A.O. Smith. Was it SA that decided to make that change or Ford? They were not made by Shelby American, but they are still Shelby's?
I have three pieces of Carroll Shelby Limited Edition Luggage that I won from the Carroll Shelby Foundation after a yearly donation that I give. I've had these for about six years and haven't used them but a handful of times. I don't travel much at all now and would like to find a home for this CS luggage. As you can see from the photos that all three pieces are in excellent condition. CS logos on the silver inserts as well as CS sewn in signature, small mag wheels are neat.
If someone is interested I can give more details and photos. Feel free to ask any questions or if you want more specific photos, let me know.
I'm asking $500 for the set.
OBO, any reasonable offer will be considered.
Buyer pays shipping.
Thanks for looking
R.D.
Wanted Ads / Re: Top cover for toploader
« Last post by rustbucket on April 14, 2024, 02:48:23 PM »
If you want original,  have a few originals with LM stamp and factory vent hole that id sell.

send me a private message if you need pics info or would like to purchase
Drivetrain / Re: Guide to Original 1965 to 1973 Snubber Brackets
« Last post by RoyceP on April 14, 2024, 12:47:02 PM »
So here's a question actually two about my 69 9"; I have a pinion snubber in the floor not on the pinion and I don't know how to read the ' i ' with two dots below.  Little help ? Brian

The two dots signify the second decade of production. Ford did not use the "I" because they did not want anyone to confuse it with a "1" which means that part was cast in 1971.
1967 Mustang / Re: Front Windshield
« Last post by RoyceP on April 14, 2024, 12:37:27 PM »
I seem to have all original glass in my GT500 except for my windshield which is replacement glass from the 1980's no doubt. I hope to have the car painted in the next year or so. What is the consensus on finding original windshield glass in good shape at a reasonable price or should I just go replacement with maybe some etching kit? Also, my rear glass is pretty scratched up. Might think about replacing that as well. Asking early as it may take some time to find good glass. Thanks.

I've used these guys for the last several windshields. You decide on tint or not, the logo, and the date code.
https://ecsauto.com/products/1964-76-ford-vehicles-windshield-w-etching-your-date-code-correct-logo
« Last post by Bob Gaines on April 14, 2024, 10:52:53 AM »
IMHO the chances of finding a windshield worthy of a concours restored car is slim to none. Most of what you will find are scratched and pitted and on top of that you will be looking for a correct date code. You might find one good enough for an unrestored car but not a restoration. You can polish out some of the small scratches, but the deep ones and rock nicks will not come out. You might find a good back glass if you find a southern car that did not get frost scraped off hundreds of times. If it were me, I would get both new and put my efforts in another part of the restoration.
++++1 . I suspect comparable odds to hitting all the numbers you need on a powerball ticket.
« Last post by carlite65 on April 14, 2024, 10:00:37 AM »
i have to agree with marty here. a pecked up windshield will stand out like a sore thumb on fresh paint.
« Last post by ruppstang on April 14, 2024, 09:30:16 AM »
IMHO the chances of finding a windshield worthy of a concours restored car is slim to none. Most of what you will find are scratched and pitted and on top of that you will be looking for a correct date code. You might find one good enough for an unrestored car but not a restoration. You can polish out some of the small scratches, but the deep ones and rock nicks will not come out. You might find a good back glass if you find a southern car that did not get frost scraped off hundreds of times. If it were me, I would get both new and put my efforts in another part of the restoration.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10