Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Wanted Ads / Re: 1969/70 tach dash cluster shell
« Last post by midlife on September 16, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »
Maybe he just needs it for setup so a loan might work . Just a thought
No, I'll need the shell for an indefinite period of time, as each hard-wired dash cluster I manufacture is hand-made and fitted to the actual dash cluster.  Thanks for the thought, though. 

Sean and I are in e-mail discussion stage.
Cars for Sale / Re: 1966 K Code
« Last post by 67gtasanjose on September 16, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
Could you perhaps upload or link to any pictures?
1969 - 1970 / Re: 1970 Mustang 428 CJ carburetor spacer and gasket
« Last post by 7Lscjracer on September 16, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »
+1

All the carb to spacer gaskets I've seen are 4 hole, but spacer to aluminum intake is open plenum while spacer to cast iron intake is again 4 hole.
Cars for Sale / Re: 1966 K Code
« Last post by 65,66,67UNRESTORED on September 16, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »
Sorry no trades. Runs and drives great - tight, responsive, smooth. Jeff 518.878.3334
1971 - 1973 / Re: 1972 Alternator
« Last post by nham3407 on September 16, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
Thank you for the feedback. Jeff, that is how I have my alternator detailed with the red paint over the part number in the casting. The paint was applied before the stamping of the part number from my research so I the wiped some silver back over the red and then swiped the silver back off leaving it in the stamped numbers.

I do agree with your direction on consulting with the judging team prior to inspection. I always remain behind the car during judging to respond to any questions and respectfully observe their attention to areas. Bottom line is I appreciate their feedback and make improvements on what I can verify to be correct from the judging sheet. Your right, we know our cars better than anyone else and I am not trying to fool myself that this will ever be a thoroughbred. I would like it to show well and get the feedback on any areas to improve. I need to get out to other parts of the country to get other judges feedback. So far judged by 4 different judges with varying comments. Did well in Kansas City Grand National with total of 8 points deducted. Some I expect.
Wanted Ads / Re: WTB: 1966 t-code smog bracket, tube to coil mount
« Last post by stangerdude on September 16, 2017, 04:47:00 PM »
If the above does not have one, I do. Excellent condition has been bead blasted and primed. Pit free California metal. Email in profile.
1967 - 1968 / Re: 1967 GT 350 (Early 10/66) Inner Front Fender Finishing ?
« Last post by 67gtasanjose on September 16, 2017, 04:08:50 PM »
Richard - just for comparison what is the date from the fender lip of that fender?  If you please :)
Sure.
Fender lip 10 13 3
Panel behind headlamp (pictured earlier) 10 14 D3 (backwards D)
Rear Fender Reinforce (pictured earlier) 10 11 D3 (backwards D)
Rear Fender Sideways Support 9 11 D2 (backwards D)
Headlight Panel Brace (pictured earlier) 10 8 2D

Although this thread started out about underside fender color and spray patterns, somewhere it took a turn into date codes found. I suppose all pertinent info but now things seem a bit jumbled.

In an effort to get back on track and since today I just pulled out all of my fenders again, let me explain how I got close to the correct under fender color. It begins with my floorpan paint.

After a color scan of my floorpan, I had my paint store mix me a quart to their closest match. It came in much darker than what was on the floor. I sprayed a patch of the paint on the underbody (floorpans) and sprayed some in a similar patch area onto the fender (see picture this post). You can see how much it was too dark. Since both test sprays were wrong to the same or similar extent of the original colors desired, I then took this fender to the paint store. I could not get my paint store to tweek it any better than what is seen in some paint daubs just to the left of the sprayed in patch. The tweaked color was then tested onto the floorpan prior to shooting the whole floor. It was IMHO, about the +95% same of each other. Summary: This original color seen on the underside of my known original fender was IMHO, very close to the original floorpan color. This may not be the "norm" but it is as close as I was able to get things given my location and willingness (or lack of willingness perhaps) of my paint stores.

Although the quart I bought is almost used up after shooting the floorpans last weekend (9/9/17), I am planning to use what I have left over from the floorpans to touch up 1.) where the rotisserie is attached and 2.) use what is left on the undersides of my fenders since I felt it was as close as the paint store could (or would) duplicate.
1969 - 1970 / Re: 1970 Mustang 428 CJ carburetor spacer and gasket
« Last post by J_Speegle on September 16, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »
Would install as shown without trimming the tabs for your year and application
Wanted Ads / Re: 1969/70 tach dash cluster shell
« Last post by J_Speegle on September 16, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
I have one, hate to part with it.....but others on this forum have helped me with parts and info.

So lets help you out...

send me an e-mail and we can work something out.

scg36@hotmail.com

Maybe he just needs it for setup so a loan might work . Just a thought
1967 - 1968 / Re: 1967 GT 350 (Early 10/66) Inner Front Fender Finishing ?
« Last post by J_Speegle on September 16, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »
Richard - just for comparison what is the date from the fender lip of that fender?  If you please :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]