Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Wanted Ads / Need several early 1964 Mustang items
« Last post by mgh on November 15, 2017, 12:24:45 PM »
Looking for the following preferably correct date coded items. My car has a 260 V8 with an automatic transmission that was built April 13, 1964 in Dearborn :
Fuel pump
Radiator
Ignition coil
Original brass type master cylinder cap
Original standard rear view mirror in excellent condition
Brake pedal pad
Left front fender
Autolite 2100 Carburetor with CF4ZF-E or C4DF-AB tag
FoMoCo heater blower motor
NOS or excellent original outer rear wheel well housings for both sides.
Correct date code front valance

This is just a start...  There are a lot of other original very early 1964 parts I'd like to get. I am trying to do a correct date code restoration of my pace car and would like to make everything correct again.  If you have a lot of early 1964 parts laying around I'd like to know what you have.  There is a good chance I will be interested.

Contact me with what you have and your information and I will contact you.

Thanks!
Mike
1967 - 1968 / Re: Re: Heater Control Valve Repair?
« Last post by Bob Gaines on November 15, 2017, 12:22:57 PM »
Thanks again, Bob! I always appreciate the help!!

First, I apologize for posting in the wrong year...have been reading too many threads and lost track of where I was. My application is a 1967, so this can be moved or deleted as the higher powers see fit.

This is what I am referring to
For 67/68 the bottom of the valve gets a rubber"O" ring. It is easily Hardware store sourced.
Member Restorations/Builds / Re: 1969 NJ Mustang Mach 1 Find
« Last post by jim69mach1 on November 15, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
Hello Mustang nuts! Been a while since i posted on the Mach 1 build.

Some new discoveries. Pulled the motor and trans. Happy to discover it is the original drivetrain. Makes this build all more worth while!

Pulled the motor apart this weekend. Everything internal is 100% original right down to the gaskets.

Super excited to have found the original owner from 1969! He originally ordered the car. He shared valuable information about the car along with some great stories. I learned everything from him. I even learned about the car from the dent in the trunk to the aftermarket radio to the reason why it was put in its tomb in 1981. SUPER FUN!!

Anyway here are a few updated images.

Thanks for viewing!

1967 - 1968 / Re: Re: Heater Control Valve Repair?
« Last post by BKnapp on November 15, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »
Thanks again, Bob! I always appreciate the help!!

First, I apologize for posting in the wrong year...have been reading too many threads and lost track of where I was. My application is a 1967, so this can be moved or deleted as the higher powers see fit.

This is what I am referring to
I am clearly lost here  :o
Is there a bracket that holds the rear splash shield?
I thought that the splash shield was held directly in place, with screws and no bracket?
in attachment the rear splash shield still in place.
When it is not these pictures you're searching for, let me know, than I'll delete this post.
kind regards,
Jeroen
1967 - 1968 / Re: Transmission tags...
« Last post by mungus on November 15, 2017, 05:06:50 AM »
Many thanks Bob.
1967 - 1968 / Re: Transmission tags...
« Last post by Bob Gaines on November 15, 2017, 02:08:23 AM »
So the tags on C6's have the model code on the top line, in my case PGA P2.
And a serial number on the bottom line.

But should that serial match the car's abbreviated serial number that's stamped into the top of the cases?
(In my case 8T182253). Or is it a completely different number that's just from the transmission production line before it got mated to a specific car ID.

NT tag is so mangled and corroded I can't tell!  :'(

Kevin Marti still isn't offering new transmission tags on his website, so I'll have to get one made.

Thanks in advance.
The C6 tag serial number is specific to that transmission from the transmission production line.  The tag sequential number does not correspond to the vehicle sequential VIN number.
1967 - 1968 / Transmission tags...
« Last post by mungus on November 15, 2017, 02:00:42 AM »
So the tags on C6's have the model code on the top line, in my case PGA P2.
And a serial number on the bottom line.

But should that serial match the car's abbreviated serial number that's stamped into the top of the cases?
(In my case 8T182253). Or is it a completely different number that's just from the transmission production line before it got mated to a specific car ID.

My tag is so mangled and corroded I can't tell!  :'(

Kevin Marti still isn't offering new transmission tags on his website, so I'll have to get one made.

Thanks in advance.
1967 - 1968 / Re: Heater Control Valve Repair?
« Last post by BKnapp on November 15, 2017, 12:08:28 AM »
I am in the process of cleaning my valve up. The bottom surface that mounts to the bracket has an opening with a recess around it (the repop I have has a closed bottom). Am I correct in assuming there should be a washer/gasket between the base of the valve and the bracket? If so, what material? If there was one there, it isnít now.

Thanks
1967 - 1968 / Re: 67-reassembling the rear valance
« Last post by Bossbill on November 14, 2017, 11:45:23 PM »
Thanks Jeff. I saw no evidence either, but the bracket had a bunch of surface rust. The repops are flat without the raised barrel and would actually work better -- flat against flat.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]