1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Boss

69 Carb solenoid wiring

(1/2) > >>

Scott302:
I need some help.  I cannot locate any references to the wiring of the carb idle solenoid.  I need to trace the wire back to the firewall.  Out the back of the solenoid is the short blue wire.  What does that blue wire plug into and what harness is this wire part of? What connector at the firewall?
Thanks
Scott

midlife:
I know the answer for a 1970, but I have not seen any wiring on a 69 that provides for the carb idle solenoid on any underdash or engine bay harness I've seen with the possible exception of a Boss car.  In that case, they seemed to have used a large female bullet (green) with green wiring that normally would be for the AC compressor, but the wire itself was tied into the ignition.

J_Speegle:
Really hard to find any factory documentation since it was a really late option. And of course allot of owners removed the solenoid and jumper wire it seem during modifications

As for 70 there were two single wire female connection at the firewall junction point.

fla2005:
Check with Bob Perkins as he might have an answer. I know he has a 1970 Boss in his collection but I don't know about a 1969. Isn't Rick's Boss 429 a 1969 model ? Maybe firewall wiring can provide a clue.

J_Speegle:
Unfortunately 70 appear to be different enough to not much those any help and firewall loom didn't offer allot.  Checked other 70 applications for the those solenoid options but there is no assurance that they are the same (M code applications)

Will check, at least, if the one unused plug on mine could be a source for the motor/solenoid  tomorrow but it will not answer the color of the jumper or plug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version