Marketplace > Services Offered

Parts Tumbling

(1/3) > >>

CharlesTurner:
I've decided to offer a parts tumbling service.  I have a 3 cubic foot tumbling machine that is setup with angle cut ceramic for steel parts.  I can do control arms, transmission mounts, brake pedal supports, tie down brackets, strut rods and smaller parts.  I won't do small fasteners, the tank is too large.  Tumbling gives a nice "just made" appearance to parts with a polished (not shiny) surface.  After tumbling, I rinse in a parts washer that has a rust inhibitor in the cleaner.  Parts are simply blown off/dried and packed up, owners can apply whatever more permanent rust inhibitor they like.

Prices:
For parts already blasted and ready to tumble (glass beaded), $5 per piece, $35 minimum
For dirty/rusty parts, $35/hr + $5/per piece
I can smooth pitted areas to improve appearance, but this can be time consuming, also at $35/hr

I prefer to do parts already blasted.  If anything has surface rust when it arrives, then the $35/hr cleaning fee applies.

Owner/Shop pays for shipping both ways.  Mailing a return label with the parts works best.  I will include return shipping in final bill if no return label provided.  Owner can specify what mailing service they prefer.  FedEx Ground is usually good for heavy boxes.  USPS flat rate boxes for smaller parts.

Turnaround time usually less than a week.

Payment by paypal or check.

Send a message to me through this site if interested.

petersixtfive:
Sounds like a great service at more than reasonable rates
Wish I was 16,221 km closer in distance to you
The postal service will still get them there despite the distance
Regards and thanks for your recent suggestions and positive comments

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on April 20, 2015, 01:20:29 AM ---I've decided to offer a parts tumbling service. 
I won't do small fasteners, the tank is too large. 

--- End quote ---
Try a rock tumbler using metal filings from brake drums for small parts, brackets, bolts, nuts, etc. It takes a week but it is a very low labor intensive procedure. After tumbling and sifting the filings, rinse in kerosene to remove any dust and to add a light layer of rust inhibitor. It works, I've use this method for over 20 years (traded a buffer for the tumbler with the Mailman). I've tried other media, glass beads, walnut shells, etc, but they don't work as well as filings.
Jim

CharlesTurner:
I'll refer all the folks needing fastener tumbling to you Jim  ;D

D0ZZ70MACH:
Hello.  Definitely interested and will PM you for more details but I have one question which I thought others may benefit from.

I have some parts which were cleaned and zinc plated however the plating did not turn out as well as I had hoped.  Can the zinc
plated parts be tumbled or must they be stripped of the plating first?  Thank you in advance!!  Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version