Author Topic: '67 289(a code) power brake vacuum line connection  (Read 2123 times)

Offline socalgt

'67 289(a code) power brake vacuum line connection
« on: July 02, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »
With the PCV valve hose connected to the port in the carb spacer, and no rear vacuum port in the rear of the 4300 carb, I assume the power brake vacuum line connects to the multi-port vacuum connection in the intake?   (289 with a/c......sure would like one those helpful pictures)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '67 289(a code) power brake vacuum line connection
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »
Looked through the pictures and it appears it does not make a difference in this detail (Type of trans - Smog or no smog)  The vacuum source appears to be the typical large steel tube that screws into the vacuum block attached to the rear of the intake. tube has a slight mid point bend upwards and rearward it seems.

Also does your check valve on your power brake booster have one or two nipples? Recall a related search before and the odd things (unlike other Mustangs) we found on one application
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:53:26 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline socalgt

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:01:36 AM »
auto, a/c, no California emission , one vacuum hose from brake booster.  The fitting in the intake currently has four small lines connected and what appears to be a larger port blocked off.  The brake booster vacuum line used to go into the back of the incorrect Holley carb I removed, so I'll need to put it in its' correct place.  The molded hose currently attached to the booster seems to want to line up with the back of the carb, so I'll assume it's incorrect.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 01:49:59 AM »
Yes remove the plug - attach the hard line, then the flex to the booster check valve. Don't forget the clamps ;)

These two don't use the vacuum fitting/extension you show
Jeff Speegle

Offline socalgt

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 02:06:10 AM »
Thanks for the information and especially the pictures...

Offline socalgt

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »
Do you think the fitting in my manifold original?....seems to have an awful lot of ports....5, counting the plugged, larger one that would go to the booster.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »
Do you think the fitting in my manifold original?....seems to have an awful lot of ports....5, counting the plugged, larger one that would go to the booster.

Haven't found another used on a similar application.  If I recall correctly (with your options) one for the brake booster (large end one) one for the auto trans, one for the AC

For others - if no PB's then the large end connection is used for the auto trans vacuum source with another long steel line

Jeff Speegle

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 12:34:11 AM »
Here's a better picture of a common fitting just for reference. From this you may be able determine the "similar but" differences.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.