Author Topic: '69 Boss 429 Engine Compartment Details  (Read 1495 times)

Offline D0ZZ70MACH

• 1970 Mach 1 Dearborn 11/10/1969
'69 Boss 429 Engine Compartment Details
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:15:14 PM »

I had the pleasure of attending the the grand national in Columbus this weekend and spent some time looking over the white B9 parked in front of the hotel which I assume was on display courtesy of Bob Perkins. 

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I could not photograph the vehicle but there were a couple of details that I noticed in the engine compartment which peaked my curiosity.  Hopefully, someone can shed some light on it for me.

1) Fender Bolts
     The first two bolts from the front of the vehicle moving back on both fenders are of a different style than the rest which is something that I
     have not seen or noticed previously.

2) Hood Hinge Location Marks
     There are yellow paint stick outlines on the hood that appear to be alignment marks for the hinges.  It would make sense to mark them if the   
     hood were to be removed and then re-installed but other than that, I cannot think of a reason to mark them.

I am wondering if both details are year, plant and or B9 specific details?  Thanks!!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '69 Boss 429 Engine Compartment Details
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »
Don't believe either details would be something you would find on an original Mach I like your car.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)