Author Topic: Red Elbow PCV Valve - Small part, but a big deal on the show field.  (Read 1559 times)

Offline 79mustangcobra

Hello all this sounds like a little thing, it is, but for a concours restoration, you have to find one.

The Details make a good car better!

Example, notice this 76 Mile Pace Car.  See it's RED Elbow PCV Valve.  On the MCA Concours show field for a 79 302, you need it!

I have been looking for one of these for years.  I even have an ad posted in Mustang Times, a MCA Magazine.

So if you too want to restore your car to this level.  Here is a way.

Since it is VERY hard to find a RED Elbow PCV Valve, (EV-68 for automatic, EV-98 for manual) here is how you can make one, that is correct.

First, you have to find a Motorcraft PCV Valve with a Red Elbow.  I did and then found a correct Motorcraft EV-68

I soaked the Red PCV valve in Hot water to loosen the nylon for about 2 minutes.

I was able to remove it.

Notice the Black elbow that comes with a Motorcraft EV-68, it is exactly like the Red elbow, well except the color.

Then I simply added it to the EV-68, and we have a concours correct Motorcraft Red Elbow PCV Valve

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:44:30 PM by 79mustangcobra »
1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
MCA #70281 -  79-93 MCA Concours Judge
Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Red Elbow PCV Valve - Small part, but a big deal on the show field.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:53:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing

Its all about the details - not just for showing but for a sense of success  and accomplishment  for yourself :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline MattDoscher

Re: Red Elbow PCV Valve - Small part, but a big deal on the show field.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:11:22 PM »
Nice work!  Smart idea!
Matt Doscher

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252