With the several pictures shared so far in this thread and ones shared within the other thread http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=5026.30
I have noticed several variations. I might need to put together a file with VIN numbers to sort it out. Within the other thread, we already had significant discussion over the hood variations and I don't think there was ever a consensus reached mentioning any estimated change-over dates. At very least, there was about a 3-4 week difference of changing over at the different assembly plants.
WIRING DIFFERENCES NOTED SO FAR (please offer any variations you may have noticed to futher discuss)
* Metal Bulb Sockets or Plastic Bulb Sockets
* Cloth Braided Sheathing or Plastic Sheathing (some have been taped?)
* Attached to lower area of hood or not attached (seems the very early hoods with "no holes" were not attached)
* Attached to the cowl with ground wire or not attached (this was seen on several other variations
* Bulb Socket secured to lamp with screw & bracket or bulb simply snapped into the lamp (no screw or bracket)
A spreadsheet might help narrow these variations down but maybe we could finalize every variation noticed to date first?
Any help appreciated. This could be time consuming and I have a lot on my plate at the moment. I have already determined what I need to use on my example, I am simply trying to help establish a better guide for others to utilize when searching for components to install their wiring. Best case scenario, we could offer the results to a Harness Company to build a few more variations closer to original examples.