Author Topic: Fold down seat adjustments?  (Read 2484 times)

1967 eight barrel

Fold down seat adjustments?
« on: October 04, 2016, 09:25:26 PM »
I am trying to get my fold down seat back into the vehicle. I decided it would be easier to handle by splitting at the piano hinge. However, the driver's side has perfect 3/16" spacing, but the passenger side rubs as it gets towards the edge of the next segment. I loosened up the rear hinges, but I can't seem to get the seat to twist slightly as to avoid contact with the quarter trim.
Has anyone had to open up the holes in the hinges to shift to one side or the other, or is there a trick for left/right movement?

Offline OldMustangGuy

Re: Fold down seat adjustments?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »
If you haven't already looked at it you might take a gander at this video...there may be some tips to help you. These guys are kind of goofy but they often have pretty good advice.

Offline preaction

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »
Hi Keith, do you remember using any shims when installing the trim panel ?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 10:55:52 PM »
Hi Keith, do you remember using any shims when installing the trim panel ?
Yes, there are two under each hinge.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 11:01:45 PM »
If you haven't already looked at it you might take a gander at this video...there may be some tips to help you. These guys are kind of goofy but they often have pretty good advice.

I know Jeff Ford. He is a bit goofy. He used to be the editor of one of the Mustang magazines. But the videos are very helpful when it's been 30+ years. I have a Shelby, and the roll bar makes it much more difficult to adjust some items. I just need to get just a little bit more room for the fold down seat when it's folded down.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 07:50:14 AM »
I know Jeff Ford. He is a bit goofy. He used to be the editor of one of the Mustang magazines. But the videos are very helpful when it's been 30+ years. I have a Shelby, and the roll bar makes it much more difficult to adjust some items. I just need to get just a little bit more room for the fold down seat when it's folded down.

Personally, though it may be a bit of a hassle (if you already have the roll bar in place) I might remove the roll bar and get all of the "fitment-fits" worked out (such as the Jeff Ford videos demonstrated)...then do a final fitment with roll bar back in again. I seriously see how the roll bar complicates an already complicated situation.

(PS: keep a can of touch-up paint handy  ;) )
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »
The bars are welded to the floorpan. Easier said than done. They are only bolted on the upper side where the optional shoulder belts would have been for the stanard mustang. I only need about 1/8" inch.