Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

Chrome oil cap - 1967 289 with AC and T/E - CA emissions

(1/3) > >>

Deuce:
I acquired this chrome oil cap from West Coast Classic Cougars (WCCC) to run on my '67 C-code Mustang with AC and Thermactor for CA emissions. 

Were these chrome caps (with the turned up nipple end) common for '67 Cougars equipped with AC and CA emissions? 

J_Speegle:
Looking through my limited number of Cougar pictures I'm not finding the chrome version but the black one being the commonly used one.

Even one with the chrome air cleaner lid example I have has the black cap though it may be part of a dress up kit

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on November 13, 2016, 06:13:58 PM ---Looking through my limited number of Cougar pictures I'm not finding the chrome version but the black one being the commonly used one.

Even one with the chrome air cleaner lid example I have has the black cap though it may be part of a dress up kit

--- End quote ---
On a related note painted cap wise. Vintage photos confirm other instances of painted caps in places where they were suppose to be chrome. The examples I am familiar with are old Polaroids of  67 Shelby's which were all supposed to have a chrome dress up kit sometimes had painted caps substituted. More likely that cars supposed to get chrome caps got substituted painted caps then the other way around . Painted caps were plentiful ,chrome caps were not.   

Deuce:
Thank you for the comments and checking those old photos. I'll consider it fortunate that I found a chrome cap for a Thermactor car.  Interesting that there weren't enough of the correct caps to go around, even back then.

krelboyne:
The chrome dress up was part of the DGS package or Dan Gurney Special. Basically a chrome lid on the air cleaner, valve covers, oil dip stick, and oil fill cap. Oh, and sticker for the window. LOL

There is one on Craig's list. http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5861904167.html I can't lift a picture, maybe someone else can?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version