Author Topic: SAAC 41 Judges Concours Results  (Read 1882 times)

Offline acman63

SAAC 41 Judges Concours Results
« on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:41 PM »
SAAC Concours Results 2016

SAAC Concours Class - highest point totals listed first

1965 GT350    John Sloane  - Gold  Car 1
                       John Sloane  - Gold  Car 2
                       Jim Fillback   - Silver

1966 GT350    Jeff James    Gold
                       Chris Oneal   Bronze

1967  Shelby    Mitch Joyce  GT500  Gold
                        Mark Cowan  GT350  Gold
                       Jim Maciaczek  GT350  Gold

1968  Shelby   Robert Caslling  GT500 KR  Gold
                       Rick Nash   GT350  Gold
                       Mitt Layton  GT500 KR  Gold

Boss       William Deary    Boss 429   Gold
               Mary Myers      Boss 429   Gold

SAAC Premier Class

Boss       Rick Campbell  Boss 429  Gold (Authentiicity award winner!)
              Mike Bauman   Boss 302 Gold (Authenticity award winner!)
              Tom Marcuucci  Boss 429   Silver

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
Re: SAAC 41 Judges Concours Results
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:02:09 AM »
congrats to all the people who won awards at SAAC41.........

I enjoyed myself there made same new friends and caught up with old ones. many good memories from the weekend especially from our time at Applebee's

Big thanks from my end must go to Charles Turner and Jeff Speegle for allowing me to contribute with judging on 65 shelbys.
it was a great opportunity to be part off.

hopefully I will be back in 2017 for another SAAC event.

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:46:20 AM »
Any pictures of the cars on the concours judging area? Interesting results, especially the Boss, thanks for posting... :)
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline gjz30075

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 05:04:13 AM »
Brant has some on his site.   On the right hand side of his home page
http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/     Pics may or may not be the winners

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
Brant has some on his site.   On the right hand side of his home page
http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/     Pics may or may not be the winners

Thanks, but wow, out in the open on the rain soft grass and dirt?  That's a change from this:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:08:34 PM by mikeljgt500kr »
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 05:34:09 PM »
Any pictures of the cars on the concours judging area? Interesting results, especially the Boss, thanks for posting... :)

Sorry didn't have time to take any - we were focusing on getting the judging completed. As I understand originally the thought was to bring each into the tent that was set up but issues with where the tent was set up and its orientation to holes in the lawn and that it was set up with no input from the Judging Chairperson meant that adjustments to the plan needed to be made.  Think the 65 class is the only one that ended up judging any cars under the tent. Others were simply rolled out of trailers and judged there.

Luckily much of Wednesday's moisture was gone by show day. Because of the surface it seemed that access to the undercarriage was a little more limited than in years past but little remained completely hidden due to angling ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline acman63

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 06:37:31 PM »
Sorry didn't have time to take any - we were focusing on getting the judging completed. As I understand originally the thought was to bring each into the tent that was set up but issues with where the tent was set up and its orientation to holes in the lawn and that it was set up with no input from the Judging Chairperson meant that adjustments to the plan needed to be made.  Think the 65 class is the only one that ended up judging any cars under the tent. Others were simply rolled out of trailers and judged there.

Luckily much of Wednesday's moisture was gone by show day. Because of the surface it seemed that access to the undercarriage was a little more limited than in years past but little remained completely hidden due to angling ;)

Pretty much sums up what happened.   The track had the tent we rented slated for a paved area  which ended up being a gravel road (Like they didnt know it was gravel)  so the first person on the ground for SAAC said it was unacceptable  so they moved it to a grassy area on the other side of the fence.  Then the tent company failed to read the instructions on the setup and put it perpendicular  to what we needed  so instead of being able to line up the cars  bring them in to to the tent then move them straight out we were backed up to a fence.  It was also pitched next to ground under construction and was a mud hole on thursday when we started setting up . We made the call and let the car owners decide where they wanted to be judged and most opted to just unload the cars and be judged by their trailers.  It worked very well but if there were more cars registered it would have been a bigger ordeal

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »
Sounds really awkward and not ideal.  When I heard it was not going to be an indoor judging area, that is when I made my decision to do Bloomington instead.  Maybe SAAC 42 will be a better venue. 8)

I understand you can't always have the best places.

Offline $64stang

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »
I really enjoyed the Observer part I played, On the 65' Team, I tried to kept my mouth shut and learn from Mr. Speegle and Mr. Turner,        # 455 was a really great car and the two under the Tent where Awesome # 383 # 028.
I look forward to Niagara Fall show several Shelby will be there.
Jake Jarrell
PS
Phil was great to work with also! 8)   

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 05:41:24 PM »