Author Topic: Easy question for the members  (Read 802 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Easy question for the members
« on: January 28, 2017, 07:17:07 PM »
Been watching the Shelby section of the site and have been wondering for a while - Should we split up the Shelby sections by year or year groups like we currently have with the Mustangs. We're at right about 500 threads in this section and thought if we're going to do it this might be a good time rather than later. Will let this run a week or so to get a feel of the interest and opinions.

Just asking ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline tobkob

Re: Easy question for the members
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »
Jeff, Personally I read the post on all years but it would probably help anyone who is just interested in certain years. Although sometimes it is confusing with multiple years and I have to keep looking back to see which year the thread is about. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this site as well as the SAAC forum.

TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:09:25 PM »
I kind of like it being all in one. 
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 03:05:12 PM »
Have an all encompassing top forum - 65-70 Shelby (what's existing now) - with year groups - 65-66, 67-68 (or individual years, and types - "R", "H") - as sub forums. You get the best of both, all for general posts or by group/year for specific posts.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 09:42:03 PM »
Having read every post/thread over the past 4-5 years, I'd say no: there's not enough traffic to warrant separate forums. 

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 04:44:29 PM »
I for one, would like for the Shelby section broken up into three: 65-66, 67-68 & 69-70. Then I know its specifically for my year such 69-70 for quickness. I do think though there should also be a common Shelby section for across the board info. Instead of have to read thru page after page after page in common section now. It will definitely keep the page count down for all sections for efficiency.It will be sadly more work for moderators who do a fantastic job by the way...this is my humble opinion.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »
I for one, would like for the Shelby section broken up into three: 65-66, 67-68 & 69-70. Then I know its specifically for my year such 69-70 for quickness. I do think though there should also be a common Shelby section for across the board info. Instead of have to read thru page after page after page in common section now. It will definitely keep the page count down for all sections for efficiency.It will be sadly more work for moderators who do a fantastic job by the way...this is my humble opinion.
I would like to point out to those that are very familiar with the other year Shelby's that this is not a simple easy to answer or to implement  .  65-68 Shelby's are dramatically different each year. 69/70 are the two years that are closest in comparison. There are many aspects and details that are common among many years and others only one year. If it is not left as it is then it almost has to be separated out by individual year given the differences between each . Just my observations.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 11:02:12 PM »
As much as I would like folks to come to this site, I would have to say that the SAAC forum is a better choice for getting particular Shelby info.  Although, this site and SAAC are a nice compliment to one another in that this site will go into much more detail about the Mustang particulars... which we all know make up like 90% of what a Shelby is.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Bob,
fully understand its not so easy to separate into different section. If it can be accomplished great, if not, is OK. Its easy to say it but its another to actually do it..
Either way is fine. Still an excellent site to research and get answers from like minded mustang/shelby enthusiasts who are the experts. All the experts and moderators should take a bow for all your hard work keeping this site running so smoothly. You all have been great in helping me out with my research. I still think though much more info can be shared with the masses but some feel reserved in providing all the info, imho that is. I guess it must be because of bad people using the released info in nefarious ways.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
fully understand its not so easy to separate into different section. If it can be accomplished great, if not, is OK. Its easy to say it but its another to actually do it..

Easy enough to do - just takes a little time like allot of things done here. As mentioned earlier just thought it would be easier now (given the number of threads) than later , when there are more   ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline specialed

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 03:32:09 PM »
Jeff what about just 2 sections 65-67 SJ built Shelby American cars  then68-70 MT & DB Shelby automotive cars?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »
Jeff what about just 2 sections 65-67 SJ built Shelby American cars  then 68-70 MT & DB Shelby automotive cars?

IF we're focusing on just the special Shelby changes and practices that would be a compromise allowing us to segregate the threads somewhat by separating them by where they were converted.  Yes we would be blending in the very early cars with the later 65 cars just due to the small numbers built there. 
Jeff Speegle