Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Interior & Trunk

Fuse removal

(1/2) > >>

austexstang:
Hello Everyone:

What kind of tool/device do you recommend to remove the fuses in a '65 Coupe?  They seem a little difficult to replace and I don't want to break one.

Thanks 

ChrisV289:
Could always disconnect the battery and use a small flat head screw driver

J_Speegle:
I've most often used one of those cheap pick tools with the curved end. Work it into and behind the metal end and swing one end out of the receiver to 90 degrees from the fuse black then pull the fuse out.

Just what has worked for me

67gtasanjose:
+1
don't pry on the glass area, use the small screw driver on the end (chromed) area. Some can be difficult.

jwc66k:
Use this link to get an idea of what a fuse removal looks like - https://www.amazon.com/Littelfuse-097023BP-Tri-Puller-Fuse-Puller/dp/B000BOB3TW/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1485893915&sr=1-1&keywords=fuse+removal+tool

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on January 31, 2017, 04:14:15 PM --- use the small screw driver on the end (chromed) area. Some can be difficult.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ChrisV289 on January 31, 2017, 04:01:02 PM ---Could always disconnect the battery and use a small flat head screw driver

--- End quote ---
DO NOT USE A METAL TOOL TO REMOVE A FUSE. If you are not familiar with servicing electrical or electronics equipment, do disconnect the battery.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version