Author Topic: Export Brace question  (Read 2168 times)

Offline HDAshmore

Export Brace question
« on: March 05, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »
Is there a difference between an Export brace off of a Boss 302 and a Boss 429?  How do I identify what I have and are there dates etc.

Thanks,
Dan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Export Brace question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »
Is there a difference between an Export brace off of a Boss 302 and a Boss 429?  How do I identify what I have and are there dates etc.

First the term "export brace"  is used to describe different parts to different people. For Ford the export brace was a one piece of steel that bridged from one shock tower to the other as well as to the firewall- cowl pinchweld. There was a secondary part used at that point to reinforce that attachment point

So have taken (incorrectly IMHO) to refer to the single (one per side) shock tower support brackets or panels that only bridged on shock tower to the firewall/cowl area of the car.

In using the term as identified above the Boss 302 originally didn't receive an export brace in 69 or 70 and the Boss 429 did.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
I have the single piece export brace, I just wanted to know if there is a difference between a stock one and a Boss 429 one.  I want to know which one I have.  It is not the two piece.

Is there a way to tell the difference or are they both the same?

v/r
Dan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »
I have the single piece export brace, I just wanted to know if there is a difference between a stock one and a Boss 429 one.  I want to know which one I have.  It is not the two piece.

Is there a way to tell the difference or are they both the same?

They are shaped/bent differently as are ones made for Falcons

Depending on which one your comparing early Mustang and Shelbys had a different hole spacing at the firewall/cowl end also
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)