Author Topic: Now for something different. #1 Part II  (Read 12928 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Now for something different. #1 Part II
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2017, 09:26:40 PM »
Latest I have a reference for with the holes under the seats is late June '64, Dearborn.

Unfortunately don't have any pictures of very early 65 San Jose cars with the seats and carpets out to add to the discussion at the moment. :(  But we'll use June/July for the game for the moment to move forward. 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2017, 09:31:37 PM »
Next Item

Item #1- Identification - Passenger side rocker panel for coupe or fastback body
Application(s) - 64 1/2- through approx Dec 65/Jan 66 or 1967-69

Item #2- Identification - Passenger side seat riser/pedestals panel for coupe or fastback body
Application(s) - July 64 - Aug 68

ITEM #3

Item #3 - Identification - _____________________  (Identification - What is it?    )
Application(s) - _______________________________ (Application - What year/years and models was it used on?)

Note - The section of wire not the body panel ;)  ENJOY!!
Jeff Speegle

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2017, 09:46:23 PM »
That's a blue/red wire, possibly with a plastic retainer that folds the wire on each end onto prongs, that plugs into a body panel.  A wire that long can only be a PRNDL extension wire, which I don't think came with the retainer, or a lead that is part of the rear console lamp wire.  The Osborne Assembly Manual doesn't show a plastic retainer either, so I don't know what the kinks are just to the left of the "3".

I believe this is a 67 or 68, with a forward dash lamp lead for the rear console lamp.  The paired ground wire is not seen in the photo.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »
I think it is a blue red strip wire for automatic transmission gear indicator light power lead.
If it is from this car I would say it had a automatic transmission.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 05:49:48 AM »
I think it is a blue red strip wire for automatic transmission gear indicator light power lead.
If it is from this car I would say it had a automatic transmission.

+1 Looks like an auto trans shifter indicator feed wire, more likely WITHOUT a console. Not clear enough to nail down the year model. Truthfully, we are also assuming this is a Mustang. Has anyone considered it is possible to be a Cougar yet?

Again, I have personally shoveled left-over parts from a CARcus from a car slated to be crushed, over into another similar vehicle so I wouldn't take it forgranted the loose parts are from this very vehicle.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »
First Richard, I can assure you that most of the parts shown in any of these puzzles are from the car in question. Would not be much of a useful exercise if they were not nor serve any productive purpose ;)

As for the wire isn't light blue with a red stripe a fairly standard wire color for any interior light/lamp?  If for a console what would the end(s) look like as far as boot color and or type (male/female)?
Jeff Speegle

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2017, 09:01:21 PM »

As for the wire isn't light blue with a red stripe a fairly standard wire color for any interior light/lamp?  If for a console what would the end(s) look like as far as boot color and or type (male/female)?

No, interior lamps were also black/blue for switched courtesy lights.  Blue/red wires were used for lamps controlled by the dash lamp circuitry or used for shifter lamps, controlled by whether the running lights were activated.  Ford was not consistent from year to year about the PRNDL lamp control, but wire colors changed circa 69 model year from blue/red to brown. 

As for plug colors and type: there should always be a male bullet where this wire plugs into the main underdash harness and a female bullet at the other end.  If for a PRNDL lamp, this wire is occasionally terminated at the bulb socket itself.  Depending upon the year, the rear termination would be a single female bullet, taped with a ring connector/male bullet separate wire, or combined with a male/female molded connector with the blue/red wire.  The picture in question does not show either end, so that is no help.  As far as color goes, typically the male bullet side was red, but I have seen black.  The rear side is typically black.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2017, 10:40:08 PM »
No, interior lamps were also black/blue for switched courtesy lights.  Blue/red wires were used for lamps controlled by the dash lamp circuitry or used for shifter lamps, controlled by whether the running lights were activated.  Ford was not consistent from year to year about the PRNDL lamp control, but wire colors changed circa 69 model year from blue/red to brown. 

That is what I meant but worded it poorly

As for plug colors and type:......................... The picture in question does not show either end, so that is no help.  As far as color goes, typically the male bullet side was red, but I have seen black.  The rear side is typically black.

Just figured I would do an extra credit sicne I have other pictures of the vehicle interior and have pictures that cover the wire much better in those. Will wait until the end for that discovery
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »
Since we seem to be on a roll of a new picture every day or so here is the next Item

Item #1- Identification - Passenger side rocker panel for coupe or fastback body
Application(s) - 64 1/2- through approx Dec 65/Jan 66 or 1967-69

Item #2- Identification - Passenger side seat riser/pedestals panel for coupe or fastback body
Application(s) - July 64 - Aug 68

Item #4- Identification - Blue/red wire were used for lamps controlled by the dash lamp circuitry or used for shifter lamps, controlled by whether the running lights were activated. Majority believe it is related to the shift lever light.
Application(s) - 64- 71?

ITEM #4 If you need to go back to the earlier pictures where the number isn't covering up the item. 

Item #4 - Identification - _____________________  (Identification - What is it?    )
Application(s) - _______________________________ (Application - What year/years and models was it used on?)

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:47:16 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2017, 11:43:30 PM »
To me this grill is similar size and shape to the fresh air vent. and i can't think of any other place it would come from.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:40:07 AM by tim_morrison82 »
San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 12:41:23 AM »
Isn't this the side passenger air grill on a 64-65 underdash evaporator?  I don't think 66 had one as the under dash unit is different and smaller. You can sort of see it in reply #5 on my unit closest to the firewalls
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:44:02 AM by ChrisV289 »
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 01:56:25 AM »
Isn't this the side passenger air grill on a 64-65 underdash evaporator?  I don't think 66 had one as the under dash unit is different and smaller. You can sort of see it in reply #5 on my unit closest to the firewalls

now that i have googled it, you look correct. anyone back up the date range?
San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »
To me this grill is similar size and shape to the fresh air vent. and i can't think of any other place it would come from.

For those following along and as a form of help

65 Fresh air drill

67 fresh air grill since that year is still within the earlier item year span at this point

Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2017, 06:56:55 PM »

As a help - underdash AC units.
Top from a 65  lower from a 66 for comparison (yes that is just a loose wire hanging/settled in the forward grill. 
Purple rear intake grills and green black plastic corner output grills

So what do we have in the main picture as #4?
Jeff Speegle

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2017, 08:20:50 PM »
It looks to be the under dash AC grill with the pink arrows. I am not sure if there was a difference in 65-66 units.