1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Need confirmation for a wire loom number

(1/3) > >>

J_Speegle:
Looking to confirm that the taillight wire loom for an alternator equipped 65 fastback would have be C5ZZ-1405-D - wire label of C5ZB-14405-D

Thanks

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 06, 2017, 11:16:07 PM ---Looking to confirm that the taillight wire loom for an alternator equipped 65 fastback would have be C5ZZ-1405-D - wire label of C5ZB-14405-D

--- End quote ---
The "book" says C5ZB-14405-J and -K (with backup lights) are the only two taillight harnesses for fastbacks. My notes indicate the label should be on the harness near the RH rear tail light. I'll check mine tomorrow. It's raining right now.

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 06, 2017, 11:16:07 PM ---- an alternator equipped 65 fastback -

--- End quote ---
Really?
Jim

CharlesTurner:
There would be a difference between generator and alternator rear wire harnesses... generator with pig-tails/plugs at tail light housings, alternator push-on.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on April 07, 2017, 12:37:58 AM ---There would be a difference between generator and alternator rear wire harnesses... generator with pig-tails/plugs at tail light housings, alternator push-on.

--- End quote ---

I think he's referring to the time period the generator was done away with/replaced with the alternator compared to when the fastback was first assembled for sale to the public.

Generator fastbacks would have likely been the test and pilot cars we sometimes see reference to in May/June of 64

Wire loom was the same as the coupe so if I had written that I woudln't have expected Jim to comment :)

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 06, 2017, 11:16:07 PM ---Looking to confirm that the taillight wire loom for an alternator equipped 65 fastback would have be C5ZZ-1405-D - wire label of C5ZB-14405-D

--- End quote ---
I guess it's time to ask the important questions: what plant; what build date (a VIN would be nice); what options (back-up lights being one).

--- Quote from: caspian65 on April 07, 2017, 12:37:58 AM ---There would be a difference between generator and alternator rear wire harnesses... generator with pig-tails/plugs at tail light housings, alternator push-on.

--- End quote ---
Really? A factory 65 Fastback with a generator would be priceless.

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 07, 2017, 12:44:31 AM ---Generator fastbacks would have likely been the test and pilot cars we sometimes see reference to in May/June of 64

--- End quote ---
See above.

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 07, 2017, 12:44:31 AM ---Wire loom was the same as the coupe  -

--- End quote ---
Then it did not have the rear interior lights?

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 07, 2017, 12:44:31 AM ---I woudln't have expected Jim to comment :)

--- End quote ---
Thank you.
My May 65, San Jose GT Fastback, without backup lights, has a red tape type tag located just to the left of the built-in plastic push on wire retainer that goes to the outer right hand tail light stud. The tag is way to fragile to attempt to remove (I may have gone too far as it is).
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version