Author Topic: WTB..Quarter Trim panels  (Read 675 times)

Offline GTSpecial39

WTB..Quarter Trim panels
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »
I am looking for the quarter trim panels for a 71 Mach 1.  Hopefully in real good shape to where all I have to do is paint them if they are not black.  Also if anyone knows of anywhere I can buy new ones that aren't like the ones from CJ's Pony parts would appreciate any info.
GTSpecial39  8)

Offline GTSpecial39

Re: WTB..Quarter Trim panels
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:44:18 PM »
In doing more searching for the quarter trim panels, come across a set that has a cutout in them, which mine don't.  Anyone know what that is for?  Something tells me its for a seat belt and maybe out of a coupe instead of a fastback? Thanks!

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
Re: WTB..Quarter Trim panels
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:48:56 PM »
I don't have any panels for you, but to answer your question: All Mustangs built after January 1st, 1972 had rear seat belt retractors and so the interior quarter trim panels had seat belt guide holes at the bottom for the retractor belt to go through. If you could make those panels work for you then you would just have to identify them as Fastback panels. There are obvious physical differences between the coupe and fastback panels. If you can't tell by looking then go off the part number molded on the backsides. They should have a number starting with D1ZB-63 or D2ZB-63. If the numbers after the D2ZB- start with 65 then they are for a coupe, ie: D2ZB-65. I hope that helps you.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs