Author Topic: San Jose 1967 GTA C Code Coupe Decals/Tags  (Read 1417 times)

Offline kkupec02

San Jose 1967 GTA C Code Coupe Decals/Tags
« on: August 22, 2018, 05:03:33 PM »
I have a 1967 San Jose GTA coupe that I restored. I have the shop manuals, but no where do they show where/what decals and tags go. I can see repros available for master cylinder, visors, trunk, etc but no details on where exactly they go. Anyone have info to refer me to? Appreciate it. Car also has rare? rear deck grille. Original to car. Aluminum.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:24:53 PM by J_Speegle »
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: San Jose 1967 GTA Coupe Decals/Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »
Welcome to the site.
Very good question but no easy answer without at least a little more info on your GTA Coupe. Location of build, Engine size and build date at least will get you started. Build date would be best if taken from a Marti Report but a projected date (off the data tag) may suffice for most you asked for this time around.

By the way, nice to see another GTA Coupe out there ;) What color(s)?
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline kkupec02

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 07:14:33 PM »
Build was San Jose. Marty says completed 5/23/67. Factory GT with 289 but 2 barrel. Color is Lime Gold with Ivy Gold vinyl luxury bucket seats. Deluxe interior and exterior packages. Weird thing on clock though. I have a yellow second hand and a red minute hand, but a white hour hand?? Thanks.
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 07:40:58 PM »
I have a 1967 San Jose GTA coupe that I restored. I have the shop manuals, but no where do they show where/what decals and tags go. I can see repros available for master cylinder, visors, trunk, etc but no details on where exactly they go. Anyone have info to refer me to? ............San Jose. Marty says completed 5/23/67. Factory GT with 289 but 2 barrel.

First welcome to the site - hope you find the information and support here helpful in your concours related endeavors

You might want to include your car's details in your signature since that will often be one of the first questions asked when you post a question

That is a long list but we'll get your through it ;)

First don't buy a "kit"  - too many decals/stickers you won't use and many are not the best reproductions are not used to make up the kits. Some of the decals are not available commercially but we may have a fix for that also

Will start at everywhere except the engine compartment since that is a study by itself and there are more there than elsewhere.

Take note that some of these pictures are from other threads but I'm sure that since your new here you haven't gotten to look through all the threads and pictures

Trunk - Jacking instructions

From our unrestored section - 67 SJ April Built C code Thermactor Unrestored - Picture Thread

Jack decal - From our unrestored section - Unrestored March 67 San Jose Convertible Pictures

Exterior - Shipping tie down sticker

From - 67 San Jose Decal locations - Purchased "Kit"

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: San Jose 1967 GTA C Code Coupe Decals/Tags
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »
Some of the engine compartment decals/stickers. All these pictures were found in other threads on this site. Hope this helps

Guess we can work on specific needs or decals/stickers you have question about from here. I may have missed one somewhere

1- Air cleaner - Cubic inch - Air cleaner lid

2- AUTOLITE rectangle service decal. Drivers side of the air cleaner base at about 5-4 o'clock

3- Service specification sticker - Drivers side shock tower

4- Engine ID - Drivers side valve cover front face

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=447.msg2232#msg2232

5- Battery inspection sticker is not currently available commercially as far as I have seen

6- Considering when your car was built the master cylinder cap likely had the sticker added  over the rear bowl

7- Radio condenser label - short wire lead at voltage regulator

Though they sell decals for the following originally they were ink stamped and they should be reproduced as such. Stickers are very noticeable

- Voltage regulator
- Ignition coil
- Starter
Jeff Speegle

Offline kkupec02

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 08:31:01 PM »
Thanks. This helps. Do you have info on where to put(if needed) tire pressure in glove box, anti freeze tag, sun visor starting instruction sleeve, visor safety precaution. I got the car partially done and want to bring it to the next step. I have previously restored 1934 Ford Tudor Sedan, 1966 Mustang convertible and a 1969 Mach 428 R code from baskets.
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline kkupec02

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 08:35:12 PM »
Additional pics. Engine has more after market than I want.
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
Thanks. This helps. Do you have info on where to put(if needed) tire pressure in glove box, anti freeze tag, sun visor starting instruction sleeve, visor safety precaution. I got the car partially done and want to bring it to the next step. ........................

A little at a time and you do it. Spend some time in the unrestored section of the site (focusing in on later 67 San Jose examples), read past threads and ask questions after you have done that. A second set of eyes is always better as we all become blind to a point concerning things we look at time and time again. Some of the details (believe you know the ones I'm referring to) stand  out more than others and it appears that your taking and showing off your pride and joy.  Remember that most will look at your car, believe it to be a fully restored car and copy from it, unless your there to explain the choices you made.

Members would be more than happy to give you pictures a once over (gently we hope) if you ask but we try and restrain ourselves most of the time but since it is our focus don't be surprise of a little friendly offer about a detail is given. If not some will assume that everything is just perfect  ;)  But your new here - again welcome

Visor sleeve is just slipped over the drivers side visor so it can be read right side up (starting instructions) when the visor is in the down position. Tire pressure decal for your year and plant would be inside the glove box liner. Never seen a anti freeze hang tag on a 67 San Jose car so don't have pictures or suggestion.
Jeff Speegle

Offline kkupec02

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:18 PM »
Thanks for all your help
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 12:00:34 AM »
Thanks for all your help

Why we are here  ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline bazza

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 04:18:36 AM »
Welcome. Glad you made it over here.
I knew you would get the answers you needed here.
There's a wealth of information here, so much that most of my questions, already have answers some where.
If in doubt, ask away.
67 Dearborn S code coupe Built 8/17/67

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 05:20:40 AM »
Yes, I agree with Jeff's comment on doing a little at a time. Easy to get overwhelmed. If it were me, I would start with under hood things that are in consistant to the way your GTA was delivered. (302 valve covers should be pep laced, for example). There are many other departures, as you will learn or see when you look over the other unrestored examples.

Your car's DSO could also make differences in certain under hood details (such as Closed Emissions or Open Emissions, Thermactor equipped or no Thermactor). Once we have the DSO, we could steer you towards those sort of answers too.

Nice looking car though. If  these sort of details matter to you, you have certainly come to the right place, for sure!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments