Author Topic: Paint markings/daubs for 69' Mustang E C7ZA-Y rear springs  (Read 641 times)

Offline ruger

Paint markings/daubs for 69' Mustang E C7ZA-Y rear springs
« on: January 26, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »
I know this is an old thread but new to me.  I want to add to the info provided here and include pictures to add to someones library.   This is the driver side rear spring from my 69' Mustang E.  Built in Dearborn 11/1968.    Fastback 250ci with zero options.  C4 auto trans. 

The spring is stamped  C7ZA-
                                  5556-Y
                                  61 - 8K
Research leads me to believe that the stripe should be a single silver stripe.
Just wanted to add as to increase the knowledge of these spring numbers.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:30:58 PM by J_Speegle »
1969 Sportsroof Mustang E'
63D
250 six cyl.
C4 trans.
Dearborn build Nov. 1968

Offline ruger

Re: Paint markings/daubs for 69' Mustang E C7ZA-Y rear springs
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 08:46:53 PM »
Should've added,  if anyone has a picture of a spring with the silver stripe please post it.  I would like to color match mine.   Thanks
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:31:07 PM by J_Speegle »
63D
250 six cyl.
C4 trans.
Dearborn build Nov. 1968

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 11:05:24 PM »
The spring is stamped  C7ZA-
                                  5556-Y
                                  61 - 8K

Thanks - Sure the "61" is not a "G1"?

Should've added,  if anyone has a picture of a spring with the silver stripe please post it.  I would like to color match mine.   Thanks

There is an example if you look in the Library. There is an article about basic paint marks and there is an example of the silver mark. As usual there is a warning - using digit pictures as a reference is often not the best thing since cameras have allot of different settings and tools that tend to alter colors based on light, angle and a ton of other things.

If I recall correctly that example was taken from a 67 spring so marking would be in a different location that your car would have had.

Can't be certain (since we lack any buildsheets for your car or similar ones) did come across a 6 cylinder 69 that indicated it cam with rear springs identified with a single silver strip. 41S engine - 3 speed, standard coupe, no PS or AC

Below is from another thread on the site that I reposted you can see how much digital cameras and lighting can create issues though I'm sure the person that posted it believed they were documenting it fully.   Always IMEO its good to take about a half dozen pictures of things like that then keep the one that best represented the look. Haven't always followed that - especially in those cases where I take about 1000 individual pictures of a car  ::)

Picture might provide enough to get a general tint/tone to the non-metallic paint used originally
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruger

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:15:39 PM »
Thanks Jeff,  the marking is a G1 and not 61.   I got them blasted today and it is much clearer now. 
63D
250 six cyl.
C4 trans.
Dearborn build Nov. 1968