Author Topic: Vent window glass orientation?  (Read 966 times)

Offline Morsel

Vent window glass orientation?
« on: April 24, 2017, 03:20:25 PM »
So I made the classic mistake of not paying attention when I removed my vent window glass from the frames. Which side does the Carlite printed logo go on, inside or out, as far as the actual etched stamp being on the inside or outside of the car?

Thanks,

Jason

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline Brian Conway

Re: Vent window glass orientation?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »
Outside on my drivers side and can't tell on the passenger side.  Brian
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:49:09 PM by Brian Conway »
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline Morsel

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
Yes, I'm trying to find out because mine are able to be with either both on the outside or both on the inside. I know it's a crap shoot for most on what you get, and now that I'm thinking about this, maybe I should be smart and just look at my other windows and see if they are mostly on the outside of the car or inside and match them, haha...

Thanks,

Jason

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:41:13 PM »
CAREFULLY lay the vent glass by itself on a flat surface. It should be curved, and the curve will be orientated outward.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Morsel

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 08:02:04 PM »
CAREFULLY lay the vent glass by itself on a flat surface. It should be curved, and the curve will be orientated outward.
Jim

Jesus, didn't know that, thought they were flat, that makes it easy...

Thanks Jim...

Jason

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »
If its the same Feb 66 San Jose car just went out and looked at another an the passenger side vent is legible if viewed from inside the car and the driver's is legible from outside the car if that makes sense.  Think the other car in the garage is an earlier San Jose car but its been so long since I looked at the VIN I could be all wrong but didn't check it
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 11:45:45 PM »
Just went out and looked at ours and it's the same as you found Jeff: Legible from the outside on Driver's side, inside on the Passenger side. We have the original glass. Never knew it was curved either...thank you Jim!
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 11:48:04 PM »
Just went out and looked at ours and it's the same as you found Jeff: Legible from the outside on Driver's side, inside on the Passenger side. We have the original glass. Never knew it was curved either...thank you Jim!

Yes not a flat piece of glass in these cars.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 04:40:43 PM »
Thanks all, but yeah, this could have been really simple if I just laid them on the table, definitely noticeable curve when I looked at them... makes it easy...

Jason