Author Topic: Interior door handle and window handle positions?  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Morsel

Interior door handle and window handle positions?
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:17:02 AM »
I was curious, been looking at a million photos trying to determine what position I should set the interior door and window handles at. Did Ford have a sort of set position or was it just kind of all over the place. The door handles on a standard interior door handle seems some what obvious, but the window crank handle could be anywhere.

How do most of you set these up?

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
Re: Interior door handle and window handle positions?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:39:04 AM »
Good question.  I'll be interested in hearing the replies.
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
I have mine to where the door handle and the window handle are pointing at like 10 o'clock when they are closed or rolled up
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline Morsel

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:11:29 PM »
I have mine to where the door handle and the window handle are pointing at like 10 o'clock when they are closed or rolled up

That's where I have them set currently too, but was wondering if there was an actual set position they used from the factory, although I'm not sure that actually exist ;)

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 04:47:00 PM »
That's where I have them set currently too, but was wondering if there was an actual set position they used from the factory, although I'm not sure that actually exist ;)
Documented with text and a drawing in the Mustang Body Assembly Manuals. I recommend you get a set for your year car.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.