1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

1967 390 AC idler pulley

(1/3) > >>

BKnapp:
I have searched and read 2 pages regarding 390 pulleys, but can't find my answer. Can someone get me the dimensions of the adjustable idler pulley? My base is stamped C7AA-8A619-B and I got it from WCCC. However it sticks out 3/4" past all the other AC pulleys and pretty much touches the fan blades.

My set up is about 3 1/8" from mounting surface to outside of pulley. The backspacer on the pulley itself is 1 1/4". I am wondering if WCCC put the wrong pulley on it when the put the new bearing in?

Any help would be appreciated and I can try to get pictures if this doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

J_Speegle:
Don't think the MPC shows the off set so sorry can't help as I don't have one to measure for you :(

BKnapp:
I haven't had any luck in MPC and or Osborn manuals.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: BKnapp on May 19, 2017, 08:51:40 PM ---I have searched and read 2 pages regarding 390 pulleys, but can't find my answer. Can someone get me the dimensions of the adjustable idler pulley? My base is stamped C7AA-8A619-B and I got it from WCCC. However it sticks out 3/4" past all the other AC pulleys and pretty much touches the fan blades.

My set up is about 3 1/8" from mounting surface to outside of pulley. The backspacer on the pulley itself is 1 1/4". I am wondering if WCCC put the wrong pulley on it when the put the new bearing in?

Any help would be appreciated and I can try to get pictures if this doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
The C7AA-B is typically for full size car from what I have seen. The Mustang one is shorter. you can modify it and make it work. the short answer is you have to take it apart, cut the bracket down and put it all back together.in the picture the Mustang version is on the bottom and the C7AA-B is on the top.The hex shaped spacer sticks up 3/8 "compared to the C7AA-B  3/4 ". It is hard to tell from the picture angle but the pulley is the same for both.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 20, 2017, 02:04:39 AM ---The C7AA-B is typically for full size car from what I have seen. The Mustang one is shorter. you can modify it and make it work. the short answer is you have to take it apart, cut the bracket down and put it all back together.in the picture the Mustang version is on the bottom and the C7AA-B is on the top.The hex shaped spaer sticks up 3/8 "compared to the C7AA-B  3/4 ".

--- End quote ---

Guess he's going to need to remeasure since the difference between those two isn't going to equal the 3/4" difference he posted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version