Author Topic: 1966 A code pump to carb fuel line installation with p.s. and a.c  (Read 822 times)

Offline socalgt

I've spend quite a few hours now, trying to install a pump to carb fuel line(Scott Drake) on a '66 289 A code with p.s. and a.c with no success.  The last one I installed was on a '67 with a.c. and p.s.  and there was little or no problem.  Can anyone recommend one they've installed recently without any difficulty.  Any tricks? (like loosening the p.s. pump, etc.)  It's not even close to fitting down past the a.c. bracket, p.s. pump, etc.  I do know where it should position itself using pictures as references, but I'm having no success.  The a.c. and p.s. brackets are original.

Thanks in advance... 

Offline jwc66k

Re: 1966 A code pump to carb fuel line installation with p.s. and a.c
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
I install the fuel line to the pump, attach it to the "slid in place but not tightened down" carburetor and then attach the carburetor to the manifold. Prior to that, I fully install the distributor vacuum and choke heater lines to the carburetor. You got plumbing going everywhere but you won't strip any of the fittings - especially the choke one.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline socalgt

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply....that is how I have done it in the past....as you suggest...but this fuel line won't even slide down past(through) the a/c bracket and p.s. pump bracket to reach the fuel pump...very frustrating.  I suppose each supplier may bend theirs a bit different.  This one has no chance of fitting.  I don't mind a little "tweaking" of the line to make it line up better at the pump itself, which I've done in other cars, but this line is way off....guess I'll try one from a different manufacturer.

Offline socalgt

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »
Does your car have a/c and p.s.? I ask because it sure seems more difficult to manipulate the line around/through them to get to the pump itself.