Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Correct shade of black for engine bay.

(1/3) > >>

ruger:
Hi,  has anyone ever used SPI black epoxy for their engine bay black?   Curious if this would be close to the correct shade of black.  I have used their black epoxy before, it's sprays great. 

drummingrocks:
I used it several years ago.  I remember it being too shiny/glossy for my taste.  I resprayed it with satin black and was much happier.

tvor:
I used black zinc chromate and really liked the results.  More of a satin finish, but not sure how close it is to an original finish.  The good thing about zinc chromate is that is rust and corrosion resistant.  It was also developed by Ford :-)

If you do use zinc chromate, be sure to wear a respirator (For the little spraying that I did, I used the cartridge units)

Unfortunately, they don't allow the stuff in Kalifornia anymore   >:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_chromate

CharlesTurner:
Has been discussed several times before here.  Should find more info using Search.

ruger:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on July 13, 2017, 12:19:47 AM ---Has been discussed several times before here.  Should find more info using Search.

--- End quote ---

I just did a search again,   all I got was this very thread.  Sorry,  I have tried but just cannot get much. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version