1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 Dearborn Sound Deadener & Seam sealer references

(1/6) > >>

brennancarey:
Hi

I am planning to do my interior seam sealing and Sound Deadener this weekend.  ;D ;D

I am needing some help pls and reference pics to follow  for my 67 Dearborn Fastback.

Areas that I understand need sound deadener / Seam sealing are the :

1. A Pillar
2. Cowl
3. Front floor panel where it meets the bottom of firewall
3. Floor where it meet the rocker panel
4. Rear of floor panel  by the 3rd member tunnel
5. Rear Seat tabs
6. Wheel house where it meets the floor
7. Truck Wheelhouse
8. Gas tank drop down area
9. Trunk Quarter panels
10 Rear tail light panel

Any other areas I am forgetting ?

I know a long list but I cant seem to find any reference for the above.

Thks!
Brennan

Coralsnake:
One good place to start might be the weld and sealant manual.

:-)

J_Speegle:
That is a list.

You have at least 4-6 different products and a ton of locations.  But we'll focus just on your list  ;) Don't have as many pictures for 67 for Dearborn but there are some. Just not something that can be put together in an organized fashion in a couple of hours

Good thing is that the interior sound deadener and sealants will not be seen so many don't pay as much attention to those unfortunately because of that I've not taken as many pictures of those areas since I've rarely gotten requests for them

Unfortunately the Assembly manuals will show you where Ford wanted the sealants to go not where workers placed them  And if you follow the manuals there are a number of areas that will not look like any original car you will ever find.  They can help with the sealant products as to type and characteristics which can be studied and compared to what your planning on using. In some areas your going to want to use a self leveling paintable sealer while in others an elastomertic product will be a better choice

I'll see what I can find and post this disconnect of PhotoBucket, trying to save those pictures and replace them here has taken some of my time since it happened. Haven't even got them posted up to the the gallery here in an organized fashion yet  :(

brennancarey:
Hi Jeff

thank you for your feedback and input, I do realise its a long list.. Maybe we can break down in sections starting from back to front ? 
Also does not help as I am in South Africa so I dont have much to reference as there are no originals here for me to eyeball..  :-[

Ntd on the assembly manuals and that was my thoughts and concerns as well....

I am planning to start with the trunk so that would be a good place to start for me if you can help, ntd on the photo bucket issue must be giving you plenty grey hairs !

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: brennancarey on July 12, 2017, 06:09:08 AM ---Hi Jeff

thank you for your feedback and input, I do realise its a long list.. Maybe we can break down in sections starting from back to front ?  .............I am planning to start with the trunk so that would be a good place to start for me if you can help, ntd on the photo bucket issue must be giving you plenty grey hairs !

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan.  Little bits of the larger list

Trunk seams and sealant

Sure you will notice the area where contact and wear has altered the condition of the sealants over time. Some area have been highlighted to help visualize edges and coverage. Labeled for follow up questions or discussions if needed.

Hope this helps

T1 Smooth not brushed or sprayed

T2 Smooth not brushed or sprayed

T3

T4 Smooth not brushed or sprayed

T5

T6 Sound deadener  Upper edge. Edges fairly sharp for a spray

T7 No noticable spray pattern inside the application. Pretty consistent across the spray surface

T8

T9 Wheel well to trunk floor Trap door surround to trunk floor sealant - Sprayed fairly heavy

T10 Trap door surround to trunk floor sealant - Sprayed fairly heavy

T11 Trunk floor seams. Wide spray sealants

T12

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version