1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

Elite Marti report question - "Trim Variation" in 69

(1/7) > >>

wsu0702:
So I recently received my elite Marti Report for my 69 mustang and I surprised to see some extra info that was not in my previous deluxe report.  Under the "Your vehicle was equipped with..." section there is a line item that says "Trim Variation".  What does this mean.  Does it have something to do with the fact that my interior trim code is 3AA with the extra A denoting the change from teak to walnut woodgrain trim?  I asked on some of the Facebook groups that I belong to but no one seems to know for sure. 

J_Speegle:
Looking at other Marti reports for cars with the "3AA' interiors there is no mention of a "Trim Variation"

You didn't include when or where the car was built so its not easy to compare cars built around the same time and plant.

There are at least two prior discussions on the trim variation but guess you have already read them and the links provided

wsu0702:
San Jose end of April 1969.  Yes I did search this forum and saw some older posts discussing the Trim Variation on Marti reports but I did not see where it was positively identified (only guesses). I was just wondering if it had finally been figured out (hence my post).  I just emailed Kevin Marti hopefully he can provide the answer. 

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: wsu0702 on July 23, 2017, 01:52:57 PM ---..........I just emailed Kevin Marti hopefully he can provide the answer.

--- End quote ---

Think that is a great idea since its hos product and words. Might want to ask if the same term is used to describe different things (more generic) or just your specific application - to help others.

Looked through the couple of hundred 69 Marti reports I have copies of and could not find that note on any of the ones I have so don't have any to offer for comparison purposes.

70b302cat:
From the M-E-L mpc that I have under Soft Trim.

Parts for 3 digit trim codes ending with an alphabet (e. g. 1BA) are listed with parts cataloged by trim code.

Parts for 3 digit trim codes ending with a numeral (e. g. 1B1) normally are not cataloged.  Refer to the listing of Trim codes to determine which parts are available through service.  For parts which are not available for service contact your Service Representative who will process in accordance with General ICC Bulletin 7526.

From Kevin Marti's "The Mustang and Cougar Tagbook" footnote 1 on 3AA found on page 59

"Dark woodgrain pattern on door panel"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version