Author Topic: 67 carpet color  (Read 817 times)

Offline ceggar

67 carpet color
« on: September 02, 2017, 11:59:28 AM »
I have a 67 gta fastback with a 9/66 date and the interior color is 6D red. I'm getting ready to install carpet and I've seen the color listed as red,bright red,and dark red. Was wondering which is correct and the manufacturer that makes the best carpet for this color. Thanks
Gary
67 GTA Fastback "S"Code
09/30/66 SJ

Offline jwc66k

Re: 67 carpet color
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »
I have a 67 gta fastback with a 9/66 date and the interior color is 6D red. I'm getting ready to install carpet and I've seen the color listed as red,bright red,and dark red. Was wondering which is correct and the manufacturer that makes the best carpet for this color. Thanks
I guess the first question is where have you seen the carpet colors described that way? From what I've read, and seen, there is only one "red" for 67 interiors, although in one How-To book (with color sample pictures), there are the three "reds" with and without modifiers used to describe all interior colors. That may be the source of your question.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 02:23:34 PM »
The dark red is the correct color. I think Auto Custom Carpet may be the only suppler left. They supply most of the major vendors. 

Offline stangerdude

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 05:58:03 PM »
+1 on dark red. Only 65 had bright red. 66 and 67 had dark red and 68 69 had a slightly darker red almost a maroon look.
68 GT Fastback San Jose built

Offline ceggar

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 12:41:11 PM »
I was just looking at different venders on the internet and the way they list them is usually 65-68 for fastback with some having a drop down menu with different reds to choose from and some just list red and although you put your specific year in, they will hopefully send the right color, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for responses
Gary
67 GTA Fastback "S"Code
09/30/66 SJ

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 02:57:14 PM »
I was just looking at different venders on the internet and the way they list them is usually 65-68 for fastback with some having a drop down menu with different reds to choose from and some just list red and although you put your specific year in, they will hopefully send the right color,
Just for the record, I would like to see the sites with the drop down carpet color menu to match them with my pictures of color samples. Call it an "internet color compatible experiment".
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline ceggar

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 12:01:33 AM »
CJ pony parts and Kentucky Mustang are 2 that I remember right now. Some sites are listing it as DarkRed/Maroon
Gary
67 GTA Fastback "S"Code
09/30/66 SJ