1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

What blue is my San Jose 66

(1/4) > >>

MOSTRENCO 66:
Please experts.
I have a 66 without identification plate at rear of driver`s door. VIN: 6R07C2034**, The original body color is a blue. Recently removed the dash pad and door hinges and is like: Guardsman blue, Sapphire Blue or Acapulco Blue. Help me how to know what blue is. Thanks   

CharlesTurner:
Looks like Sapphire Blue.

J_Speegle:
Hard to tell for sure with a digital picture on a computer screen but would agree that in the picture it appears to be Sapphire Blue though this would make the car a special order paint car. Since its a 66 San Jose car you don't have a buck tag and likely no buildsheet  to back that up or to help you gather enough information to complete a new door tag

CharlesTurner:
The paint detail in that area is a bit odd also, like there is black paint brushed over the blue?  Are you sure the blue paint there is original?

MOSTRENCO 66:
The paint detail in that area is a the original, I`m totaly sure because it`s shown in other hard to reach spaces on the car. I personaly made the black paint brushed over the blue at the picture. 
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version