Author Topic: Very late 67 proportioning valve  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Very late 67 proportioning valve
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 11:08:56 PM »
I've just found this pic in this post. This is the distribution block I'm looking for information on.
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=15440.0
The picture is of the typical 68 distribution block. it would have been adventitious to find a better example. There is nothing in the picture that hasn't been changed or fooled with . Brake booster replaced (unpainted), check valve is service replacement ,of course the vacuum hose is not original, master cylinder replaced (unpainted) ,the distribution block appears to not be bolted down to the apron that might likely be the result of the typical 67 bracket mounting hole pattern in the apron not lining up with the "68" ( I assume) bracket. The Ford proportioning valve has been substituted with a after market manual proportioning valve replacement. I would be careful putting any faith in a representation like that.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline bazza

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 11:20:38 PM »
There does seem to be some confusion.
In a nutshell, what does the "different junction block", look like?
Thanks again.
67 Dearborn S code coupe Built 8/17/67

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 12:54:14 AM »
For discussion purposes there are three items used on 64-73 Mustangs:
- Distribution block. Has a built in brake failure switch, 67 on.
- Junction block. 64-66, routes brake fluid to the brake cylinders.
- Proportioning valve. Disc brakes only. Reduces line pressure to the rear drums brake.
(Note: New model Mustangs have all three items combined. When told of the three separate item, Ford service employees get a headache, they never heard of a separate proportioning valve (kids!).)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 01:04:28 AM »
I did find these pics in an earlier thread, don't know its application.
Jim, does it look familiar?
Those is them. The 68 version has a curve to the mounting bracket.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.