Author Topic: Hood Latch Hardware Finish  (Read 843 times)

Offline mmorello

Hood Latch Hardware Finish
« on: October 27, 2017, 04:13:09 PM »
Hi, I am working on my '66 convertible and was wondering about the finish on the hood latch hardware. I know the brackets are black and the hook mechanism is phosphate and oil, but the only bolts I can find are black. Also are they the round washer or star washer type? I have seen both of them in pictures.I didn't see anything in the MCA judging rules, maybe I missed it. I would think they are natural, but I want to make sure. Pictures I have looked at have both. Any help and especially a picture would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Hood Latch Hardware Finish
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:25:01 PM »
The bolts would be phosphate/oil.

Type of fastener and markings could be specific to assembly plant and time of production, so provide that info to help narrow it down.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline mmorello

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:18:51 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply. It's a Dearborn car with a build date of April 1, 1966.
Mark

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply. It's a Dearborn car with a build date of April 1, 1966.
Mark

Often the smaller details don't get included in print on judging forms. Lots of details - little room

Hope this helps show what was going on around the time when you car was likely assembled . Looks pretty consistent

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mmorello

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:59 PM »
Thanks for the pictures. I appreciate your research help.
Mark