1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Boss

69 Boss 429 fender bolts

(1/2) > >>

bgp429:
I am also trying to pin down the correct bolts if possible. Not sure if you want it attached to the current discussion  or not.  Move this if needed. Car is a 69 B9 9F02Z164### built 2-28-69. Any input appreciated.

J_Speegle:
Perfect place to ask

Look through my small collection of pictures for these cars and could not find a direct match and or great pictures to provide a definitive answer

Unfortunately I don't have real production dates on many of the 69 Boss 429 and of course many have been played with or restored at some point

What I can offer is the following. Hope it helps in some small way

Best I can do with the grainy pictures of two cars close to yours is that the pictures IMHO suggest that the flat headed RSC bolts were not used on either of these examples and more likely used the same as what was being installed at Dearborn on non-Boss 429 cars during the same period.

Notice the shadow produced by the raised lip of the bolt head in these examples

9F02Z1586xx fender bolts

9F02Z16xx fender bolts

bgp429:
Mr Speegle you should get some type of medal for the time spent helping document and restore these cars. Will go with regular production bolts. Thanks, and have a great year.

JohnRB:

--- Quote from: bgp429 on January 01, 2018, 11:13:07 PM ---Mr Speegle you should get some type of medal for the time spent helping document and restore these cars. ............Thanks, and have a great year.

--- End quote ---

+++++1

Sean C. Gearty:
I have a January 30, 1969 assembled Boss 9 Z150XXX that has two types of fender bolts.
     -the two verticle by headlights are sunken head Flag Bolts
     -eight of the top fender bolts are also sunken head Flag Bolts (these are the same that were on my May 15, 1969 Assembled Boss 9)
     -there were four unique flat bolts on the fenders (two on each side very first and last on the fenders)

Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version