1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 SJ Gaffer Tape Usage

(1/7) > >>

Bossbill:
After reading the fuel sender thread it occurred to me that Gaffer Tape is used in other locations, other than to hold down the fuel sender wire in the trunk.
On my 67 (Deluxe/Fastback) it is also used on the sills -- both sides -- to keep the wiring in place before the sill plates were installed.

Since we have to buy a roll of Gaffer anyway (2"?), do we know of other locations where this tape was used?

jwc66k:
Bill,
Have you got a set of the Mustang Assembly Manuals for your car? The use of tape is documented there.
Jim

J_Speegle:
Off the top of my head the only addition spot I can think and the only location where the tape will be seen would be over the taillight buckets bulb hole. Its thought that this was done at the supplier so that nothing would fall into the taillight light.

Not sure they were all 2" wide. Have measured the 67 applications

67gta289:
what kind of tape was used to hold the capillary tube on the A/C evaporator case? 

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: 67gta289 on January 13, 2018, 06:31:55 AM ---what kind of tape was used to hold the capillary tube on the A/C evaporator case?

--- End quote ---

Looks a lot like what was used at the door sill channel. A picture (below) of my unit before restoring has a shadow of what size/length was used there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version