1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

1970 Dearborn CJ Shaker Hood Stripes

(1/3) > >>

1970 Snake:
I have seen a number of different hood stripes for the 1970 mustangs, some with a large gap between the back of the stripe and the back end of the hood and some with a small gap. I have also seen discussions on 428 numbers in the stripe and "no" 428 numbering in the stripe. What would have been correct for Sept 4/69 Dearborn built??

rayms69:
Im pretty sure they look like this

J_Speegle:
Don't have any very early unrestored cars to offer as an example of what a car from Dearborn and time period would have originally had.

cobrajet_carl:

--- Quote from: 1970 Snake on January 14, 2018, 11:40:01 PM ---I have seen a number of different hood stripes for the 1970 mustangs, some with a large gap between the back of the stripe and the back end of the hood and some with a small gap. I have also seen discussions on 428 numbers in the stripe and "no" 428 numbering in the stripe. What would have been correct for Sept 4/69 Dearborn built??

--- End quote ---
My September 18th Dearborn had no number in the stripes, same as my October and November cars.

1970 Snake:
Thanks for the input guys, my car was repainted in the mid to late 70's and was not paint the original Calypso Coral (see pics what where they thinking) so I have no idea what the original shaker hood had to offer as to the strips. I like the style of stripping rayms69 has posted a picture of and it has the back of the strip close to the back edge of the hood. So to that end have decided to replicate that style right or wrong. Like most think the 428 looks a lot cooler than no 428.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version