Author Topic: 1965/66 Coupe LH Quarter Window Frame - Rechromed  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Ivygreen65

1965/66 Coupe LH Quarter Window Frame - Rechromed
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
What I thought was a left side convertible quarter window (it came in the trunk of the car when I bought it) turns out to be a coupe left side quarter window.  Unfortunately, I didn't find this out until AFTER I got both window frames back from the chromer.  So, what I'm left with is a coupe quarter window with fantastic new chrome. 

If you need a beautiful, left side (driver's side) quarter window for your 65/66 coupe, today is your lucky day.  No matter how long I look at it, it's never going to fit my convertible.  I'm open to any reasonable offer and am still looking for a LH convertible window, so trades are welcome. 

Make my misery your gain and PM me here or e-mail me at stacytm@comcast.net   

Offline miczakatak

Re: 1965/66 Coupe LH Quarter Window Frame - Rechromed
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 07:59:39 PM »
Hello.  I have been trying to do some research on whether or not the rear quarter window frames on a 1965 mustang can be re-chromed with leaving the nylon guides on the frame.  Can you tell me if the nylon/plastic round guides get destroyed during the chroming process?  I have asked several plating companies but they won't give me definitive answer.  I suspect they want to cover themselves in case something happens.  After reading your post from 6 years ago, it appears that you may have been able to chrome the frame without taking off the guides.  I have not been able to find anyone that sells these nylon/plastic guides and press rivets and I need to re-chrome my quarter window frames.  But I don't want to try it if the guides are going to get destroyed.  Also, did you remove the horizontal curved steel guide track, or did you just chrome it with the frame.

Anything you can offer would be appreciated.  Thank you, Dan
Still driving my 65 Convertibles (yes both of them)