Author Topic: What are these clips for?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline 68 S Code

What are these clips for?
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:10:22 AM »
I have attached a pic of two clips which I cant remember where they go or what they are for. The one on the left with the spike reminds me of a speedometer cable clip but where would this get mounted? One on the right have no clue. Is it the mystery gas line clip at the trunk lip.If you know where they go and what the proper finish should be would appreciate you chiming in.

Offline Sunlitgold68

Re: What are these clips for?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 01:22:22 PM »
I'm not familiar with those clips, they may not be original.

They appear to be zinc.
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 01:30:19 PM »
The clips pictured are for the speedometer cable; however, only one clip was used per cable. Where it mounts to the underbody depends on your transmission.

IMO, both of your clips are broken. The one with the "spike" should be two "spikes" and the second clip is missing both.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 10:51:16 PM »
These two clips are for different applications. I don't believe the one on the right is for speedo cable. Pretty sure the one on the left is as I've recently seen one on an extra speedo cable I have but off site. The one on right is not the mystery gas line clip at trunk lip for a big block bigger diameter gas line?

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:06:56 PM »
The problem with your theory on the right side clip is that the gas line was the same size regardless if it was a 6-cylinder or an 8-cylinder.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 10:01:12 PM »
Actually I was under the impression that big blocks had a larger diameter fuel line?