Author Topic: Correct decal  (Read 3030 times)

Offline astat1

Correct decal
« on: September 11, 2009, 10:20:21 AM »
I have found multiple vendors selling a space saver trunk decal but can't locate the space saver 69 decal with the felt pad demonstrated.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Correct decal
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:01:28 PM »
Will be interesting to see what others have observed.

Not sure of the one your describing or if there was ever one made like that. Looking at the pictures I see original space savers (Boss 302's) with the non- space savers (styled steel wheels) jack decals.

Here is an original decal from #313 again a different but non-space saver example (sorry for the poor quality) This one appears to be the same full size styled steel spare, mounted outside down, as shown above

Here is an original decal from #2188 again a different but non-space saver example - Looks like this one is of a full size spare (spoked wheel) with the felt insulator, mounted outside up

ECS has always offered to make decals (if people would supply good examples of originals) of ones they do not carry.  Never taken them up on the offer as of yet
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:40 AM »
There are two types of jacking instructions used on 69/70 Shelby's that I have observed. The first shows a full size spare standard steel wheel with the jack stowed underneath as in previous years(67 68) Shelby's. This style was only on early cars maybe Jan 69 and earlier. I have never found credible evidence of a full size spare in all my years of searching used in 69's. Vinnie Liska SAAC 69/70 registrar is very adamant about all 69/70 Shelby's had a space saver. I find that strange with the early jacking instructions on the trunk lid and also in the owners manual. I can't offer any actual observations on my part. If a full size spare it would have to be a E 70 15 blackwall as a F 60 15 would not fit in the trunk. The later instructions space saver equipped jacking instructions show the felt pad with the jack stowed on the top. Bob 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:15:47 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline astat1

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:06:40 AM »
Thanks Jeff and Bob for your replies. After seeing Bob's photo I think I found it through Mustangs Unlimited. Though the description specifies for a convertible with a "styled" wheel.

JACK INSTRUCTION DECAL 69/70 CONV W/ STYLED WHEELS
Jack Usage & Stowage Instructions Decal 1969-1970 Mustang Conv. W/Styled Wheels
 Item No: DF824 01

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:33:14 AM by astat1 »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »
That is the one that would be appropriate for your spacer Shelby.  Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby