Author Topic: Correct Carlite Windshield Markings  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Chris

Correct Carlite Windshield Markings
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:36:33 AM »
What would be the correct Carlite markings for a 64 1/2 (June 64) windshield with Sun X? 

My current windshield is a replacement with a date code I think around 1970/1980.  I would like to replace it with the correct date code and still have Sun X, but I'm unsure of the right format.

An example of my quarter window glass which is original is also shown.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:50:52 AM by Chris »
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: Correct Carlite Windshield Markings
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
Chris, The replacement windsheild you have is in fact a later replacement style.
Your quarter windows are correct, contact P S Autoglass they have all the correct logos and date codes to put on a new windsheild for you.
Is your car Concours Trailered restored? or will it be? if not or if its a nice driver then just leave it alone until it truely needs replacing.....

www.psautoglass.com       GREAT FOLKS TO DEAL WITH!!

Offline Chris

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »
My car is slowly:) being restored to concours. It's definitely a nice driver currently although I just rebuilt the engine and put on an original tri-power.

I'll leave the windshield alone until the body and paint work is almost done and then replace the windshield using P S Autoglass. I'll just have to check on the lead time needed for the replacement.

Thanks for the tip!
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:00:36 PM »

I'm trying to get a new "all clear" windshield with no band from PS Autoglass.... I e-mailed them a few months ago, and they did'nt have any clear windshields at the time... Does anyone else carry "all clear" windshields?......or should I just sumbit and get the tinted green band...??  All of my other glass is all original and in excellent shape (Thank God)....lol... I just need the windshield...  I'll even acid etch the logo myself if I have to....I don't care... I just need the correct "All clear" windshield with no band at the top....Who has them???

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline 6T6mustang

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
Have you tried OEM Glass to see if they have the all clear windshields? (http://www.oemglass.net/)

I ordered a front windshield and rear fastback glass from them several months ago, although both were tinted.  They also offer logo etching as well.  I was pleased with the glass and they were very easy to deal with.

I'm trying to get a new "all clear" windshield with no band from PS Autoglass.... I e-mailed them a few months ago, and they did'nt have any clear windshields at the time... Does anyone else carry "all clear" windshields?......or should I just sumbit and get the tinted green band...??  All of my other glass is all original and in excellent shape (Thank God)....lol... I just need the windshield...  I'll even acid etch the logo myself if I have to....I don't care... I just need the correct "All clear" windshield with no band at the top....Who has them???

Tony K.
1967 Shelby GT350

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:40:51 PM »
So am I right in saying that the original windshields had no tinted band at the top?
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 11:01:52 PM »
So am I right in saying that the original windshields had no tinted band at the top?
It depends. Non tinted was all clear with no tinted band at the top.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 11:27:31 PM »
Thanks Bob. Appreciate someone of your knowledge contributing to the hobby.
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build