Author Topic: Stampings found on 66 200 6 cyl.  (Read 989 times)

Offline Twilight65

• Gold Level Subscriber
Stampings found on 66 200 6 cyl.
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:47:05 PM »
OK, cleaning my motor on my May 66 Sprint with 6 cylinder. I found quite a few more stamps on the block. Originally I had just found the “6E13V” stamped on the top front of the motor (driver’s side). After more cleaning on the driver’s side, I found a “3” stamped next to the temp sending unit hole. Another “3” stamped between the fuel pump mtg and the oil sending hole. A “K” stamped into the block at the top rear of the motor next to another “E13” stamped onto a flat spot. Also another stamp which I believe is a “3” above the oil filter. I guessing these “3” stamps are some type of inspection or completion stamps when assembling the motor. Not sure about the “K” and of course the additional “E13” matches the May 13 date from the first stamp I found.  I don’t remember seeing all this when I did my 65 coupe 289.
Any ideas on the “K” stamp
Dave

65 Coupe Dearborn Scheduled Build July 9,1965 289/C4
66 Sprint Conv. Dearborn Scheduled Build May 13, 1966 200/C4

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Stampings found on 66 200 6 cyl.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:48:13 PM »
For small blocks we see typical stampings (easy to miss if your not looking for them, on the oil pan mating surface and the small cast extension at the front of the drivers side head mating surface. These are believed (some backed up by documents and workers) machining date, assembler(s) and assembly date

Some we just don't know yet ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)