Author Topic: 68 C6 detailing questions  (Read 5382 times)

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 C6 detailing questions
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 07:42:39 AM »
I've seen people put neutral safety switch wire through it but I don't think thats correct because the wire is then so tight it can't go through the lower firewall wire clip. I think its a clip used in another application the transmissions are used for.
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 07:46:11 AM »
Is it that clip thats hiding behind the shift rod in this pic?

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
Tim yes that is the clip. Looked like it was black oxide finish. So the neutral safety switch bolts should be ZD? Mine looked like they were just zinc. What application is this C6 for. I ask because the extension housing looks different then mine. I don't have the three holes in the reinforcing rib. The shift rod also doesn't seem to have that big a bend in it and it was mounted opposite with the hair clip to the outside away from the case.

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
By the way very nice consistent finish on the case. Mine looks blotchy especially on top. There are streaks (mmmm dinner time,  can I have mine medium well done) in it. Seemed similar to where I found paint marks but can't believe the top of the case had that much paint on it. Couldn't find traces of a color there.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
Its a 68 GT 500 C6. Some had the 3 holes, some didn't depending on when they were built. I think that is just camera flash and the bolts are clear zinc