Author Topic: 65 Rear Seat belts  (Read 2336 times)

Offline jholtman

65 Rear Seat belts
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »
I am having Ssanke Oyl replace my standard front seat belts with the deluxe buckle.  My questions is what type of buckle is used for the rear seat belts.  Can I use the old clam shell buckles for the rear seat belts, and is this concours correct?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 65 Rear Seat belts
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »
All 4 seat belts should match.  If you tuck the rears under the seat, you might still get a deduction if someone sees the bolts underneath.

Of course, you probably already know that rear seat belts were only dealer installed for the '65 production year.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jholtman

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:56:13 AM »
I knew they were an option but I did not know dealer only.  I had Marti prepare a window sticker and I said I had Deluxe belts and he listed them as:

DELUXE FRONT & REAR SEAT BELTS:       14.53

Is this not correct or could it be ordered with rear belts from the factory with the dealer doing the installation?  In the accessories pamplet that I have(original) it lists seat belts for front & rear seats.  Deluxe C5AZ 6361200-A thru K    Price: 6.65  With the standard  L thru W   Price 5.30

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:13:17 PM »
Rear seat belts could only have been added as a dealer-installed accessory in '65.  I don't believe the repro window sticker would be appropriate based on this.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin