Author Topic: Engine Gauge Feed Wire  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Sunlitgold68

Engine Gauge Feed Wire
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:06:18 PM »
Are the reproduction engine gauge feed wirings concours correct or should an OEM be located?
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline Murf

Re: Engine Gauge Feed Wire
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:11:05 PM »
I picked up a set from NPD made by Alloy Metal Products and was so happy with them.  They looked and functioned as they should, and also purchased a set of Engineering number tags from ECS to add to the new harnesses and really think the entire thing looks as good as the day it left the San Jose assembly plant.  I would give both the wiring and the tags my blessing!
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »
Does this one look correct? I have seen some that looked different, I know the hookup part is red.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350104343266&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 01:21:20 AM »
I think they are very nice but the plug ends are slightly different when compared to originals. It is mostly because of the mold lines. It is hard to find a Ginny where the white wire hasn't degraded or the white hasn't started to flake off the wire. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby