Author Topic: inspection stickers  (Read 2834 times)

Offline mach1one

inspection stickers
« on: December 25, 2009, 10:21:37 PM »
Did 69 shelby get those 4  paper inspection stickers before the left dearborn. If so what color were the letters and was the P sticker left off of door jam? thanks

Offline thefordshow

• fordcountry@bell.net
Re: inspection stickers
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 08:25:19 AM »
From the original shelbys that I've seen,the letters were black, with a red "P" in the lower [A] pillar area above the two door jamb switches. Often, would have an inspectors name ink stamp with in the paper stamp. NPD sells the correct style paper stamps[part #D-MC136C], some of the other ones for sale look to be too large or have rounded corners. My understanding is that only the shelby used the red "P"in the door jamb.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:17:57 PM by thefordshow »

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »
 The red P in the left Jam was used on all 69 Dearborn Mustangs as well as Shelby's. For those who were at the Judges meeting the Blue 69 Boss (146miles) has red P as well as 4 other 69's in the showroom. Funny how myth's get started?

Offline thefordshow

• fordcountry@bell.net
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
Any reason for red vs black?  I think it was a George Hussman's kit years a go that had the instruction that the red "P" was for shelbys and black for mustangs. The kit I got off him had both.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
I have examples of the red and black 'P' decal being used at Dearborn as early as the '65 model year.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 11:20:55 PM »
Here is a Black P from an original 69 Shelby

Also not all of these received a name of the inspector on them in many examples they used a metal punch to stamp a number or letter(s) in the sticker itself. Something we've noticed back to 65 battery inspector stickers - not all just some examples
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)